Are my CPU's MP's?

Old November 24th 03, 01:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
SPS 700

Default Are my CPU's MP's?

Hi

I recently bought 2 XP1400's. When I got them the bios identifies them as
Mobile XP's. I run Wcpuid and in the extended info it says they are multi
processor capable. None of my other 8 AMD cpu's say this. Is this a fluke in
Wcpuid or are they truely MP enabled cpu's?

Old November 26th 03, 08:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Lost

SPS 700 wrote:

Hi

I recently bought 2 XP1400's. When I got them the bios identifies them as
Mobile XP's. I run Wcpuid and in the extended info it says they are multi
processor capable. None of my other 8 AMD cpu's say this. Is this a fluke in
Wcpuid or are they truely MP enabled cpu's?

I have read before of MPs being sold as XPs, or of Bioses misidentifying XPs as
MPs. It probably isn't worth worrying about if everything works fine.

Old November 26th 03, 08:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird

The bios probably says they are MPs because your bios is either not
detecting the CPU correctly, or the bus speed or another setting is not
setup correctly. Can you give us more system info to include make and model
of the motherboard? Also what type of memory are you using, etc.

regards

Old November 28th 03, 07:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
SPS 700

When I put in one of my other XP CPU's or my Duron in the motherboard it
recognises them as Xp's or the Duron as a Duron. The motherboard is a ASRock
K7VM2. I am using pc 133 SDRAM.