p4s rock, p4 3.8 overclocked to 5 gig

Old June 1st 05, 09:32 AM
jorg20057000

Default p4s rock, p4 3.8 overclocked to 5 gig

thats why i didnt buy a pentium m its only worth getiing one veryl
atest p4 ms 2gig or more with a decent graphics card

Old June 2nd 05, 03:08 AM
ModeratelyConfused

"jorg20057000" wrote in message
thats why i didnt buy a pentium m its only worth getiing one veryl
atest p4 ms 2gig or more with a decent graphics card

So, uh, socket CPU are you using? And what is the FSB set to? (Shh, for
"jorg" only).

MC

Old June 2nd 05, 02:32 PM
jorg20057000

not sure what the settings where i saw on the it p4 overcklers forum

Old June 2nd 05, 04:32 PM
Phil Weldon

Please reply to the post you are answering rather than to your own earlier
post. It is confusing if you don't. Your newsreader ought to show replies
indented to the right.

Also, I think perhaps there is no 'Brain 3.0', as 'Brain 1.0' did not seem
to be very useful.

And you should be careful about attempting an overclock in even a
transportable, as heat build-up can damage components; a Pentium CPU won't
be harmed, but the socket may melt - or certainly the electrolytic
capacitors might get hotter than specifications, and fail.

Phil Weldon

Old June 2nd 05, 08:34 PM
jorg20057000

sorry wrong chip it was only a 3.2 gig overclocked to 5 gig here is
the link http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/Intel/Northwood/

Old June 3rd 05, 03:12 AM
ModeratelyConfused

"jorg20057000" wrote in message
sorry wrong chip it was only a 3.2 gig overclocked to 5 gig here is
the link http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/Intel/Northwood/

Ah, ok, I thought you had overclocked it yourself. By the way, incase you
hadn't seen it the first time:

only part of Phil's post:

link.net...

Old June 3rd 05, 03:14 AM
ModeratelyConfused

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
link.net...

Also, I think perhaps there is no 'Brain 3.0', as 'Brain 1.0' did not seem
to be very useful.

Wait, so you're telling me that Freecell isn't an overclocking program?

/mock shock

MC

Old June 3rd 05, 03:36 AM
Phil Weldon

Freecell is a 'stealth' overclocking program, vastly increasing the number
of unproductive CPU cycles.

Phil Weldon

Old June 5th 05, 04:38 PM
Richard Hopkins

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message news:2EFne.14407
Also, I think perhaps there is no 'Brain 3.0', as 'Brain 1.0' did not
seem to be very useful.

Rofl. Is Jorg another of Denny/RavingRaichu's personas? There do seem to be
a few similarities, although the lack of mention of the word "Xeon" does
make me wonder whether a second lunatic has escaped the asylum.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom