Premiere Pro + Matrox P750 doesn't display vid in 2 monitors

Old April 20th 04, 12:07 PM
Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

Default Premiere Pro + Matrox P750 doesn't display vid in 2 monitors

Hi,

I have a dual monitor setup but Premiere Pro will only run video in one
monitor. The annoying thing is that all my other video player software
(e.g. Windows Media Player 9) will happily play video in either monitor.
Please help! How do I get Premiere to play video in both monitors?

My setup:

Windows XP Pro SP1
Matrox RT.X10
Matrox P750 (independent mode)
2 x Iiyama 17" monitors (analogue connectors)
Adobe Premiere Pro
DirectX 9.0b

I have all the latest BIOSes and drivers.

I know Premiere will run video in both monitors if I set my Matrox
Powerdesk to "stretched" mode but I much prefer "independent mode".

Thanks in advance,
Jack

Old April 20th 04, 03:34 PM
Robert Morein

It may not be possible.
With a Matrox G550, which is a similar, but simpler card, it is not.
Most editing programs require a "frame buffer", which is a hardware
shorthand for feeding a raster into the card. Many video cards provide a
frame buffer only on the primary monitor.
The G550 can display mpeg2 on the second monitor, but it has no video frame
buffer.

Try reducing the resolution of both displays, since the frame buffer
requires non-displayed memory to operate.

Old April 20th 04, 04:31 PM
Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

Dear Robert,

Thanks loads for your reply. That's kinda what I feared.

Thanks,
Jack