Slow graphics processing?

Old March 19th 06, 03:26 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain

Default Slow graphics processing?

Have you tried routine maintenance?

You should use Disk CleanUp regularly to Empty your Recycle Bin and
Remove Temporary Internet Files. Whenever you remove redundant files you
should always run Disk Defragmenter by selecting Start, All Programs,
Accessories, System Tools, Disk Defragmenter.

Please check Event Viewer for Warning / Error Reports in the System
and Application logs for the last boot and post copies.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools, and
Event Viewer. When researching the meaning of the error, information
regarding Event ID, Source and Description are important.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...308427&sd=tech

Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you should
double click for further information. You can copy using copy and paste.
Often the link will, however, say there is no further information.
http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
(Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double click
on the error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
resembling two pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now
start your message (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This
will paste the info from the Event Viewer Error Report complete with links
into the message. Make sure this is the first paste after exiting from Event
Viewer.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England

Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"AcidX" wrote in message
ps.com...
So anyway, after a very long wait, I finally went out and bought my
'new' (128mb AGP 8X GeForce 6600GT - running in a 4X AGP slot) graphics
card, and a new 450W Antec power supply that'd be able to support it.
So anyway, I've noticed that when playing games that I played before,
it is sometimes slower/laggier than it used to be with my onboard 32MB
graphics. The best example would be Red Alert 2, which lags much easier
than it used to, which just doesn't make sense to me.
I've even tried setting the visual details to 'low' (I used to have it
on high, and it ran fine) which used to be rocket fast, but now I still
get a tonne of lag.
I'm doing half of what I used to and it's just going slooowww. It might
not even by my graphics card, but if it is I can think of a few reasons
why this could happen (to main one being that it's not 'onboard') but
does anyone know of similar issues and/or how to fix them? Is it
something wrong in my BIOS?
And I know that all my drivers are up to date, so I doubt it's that...
Although, the other day when playing Far Cry, my nVidia driver crashed
and I got a bluescreen. Something I've never actually seen on this comp
until then.

Basically I've just ran out of ideas and don't know what to try.

Also, for anyone interested, I'm running:
2.53Ghz Intel Processor
1GB RAM
128MB XFX gfx card
SiS chipset with AC'97 onboard audio