2400+ @ 2.0Ghz

Old July 11th 03, 04:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Gaidheal

Default 2400+ @ 2.0Ghz

Hiya Soupladel... if you can do it, the 2400+ will run ok at an FSB of 200
with a 10x multiplier. But I currently cannot even get another 50Mhz out of
the CPU no matter how I screw with the FSBxMultiplier combos and I did try
taking VCore up a bit (no higher than 1.725 - I'd rather have it 'stock' and
working than dead!). Good power supply is critical, the actual wattage is
less important than that current it can supply on the various lines.
Especially +3.3 and +5 as these supply the devices on the motherboard,
notably power hungry AGP bus devices and CPUs :¬)

Old July 11th 03, 04:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Jason

Please reply to group, not new post. were losing organization in the
group.lol

--
Jason
"IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, DON'T DIE TRYING"

Old July 11th 03, 09:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Soupladel

"Gaidheal" wrote in message
Hiya Soupladel... if you can do it, the 2400+ will run ok at an FSB of 200
with a 10x multiplier. But I currently cannot even get another 50Mhz out

of
the CPU no matter how I screw with the FSBxMultiplier combos and I did try
taking VCore up a bit (no higher than 1.725 - I'd rather have it 'stock'

and
working than dead!). Good power supply is critical, the actual wattage is
less important than that current it can supply on the various lines.
Especially +3.3 and +5 as these supply the devices on the motherboard,
notably power hungry AGP bus devices and CPUs :¬)

I have the XP 2400+ running fine at 2GHz (100x20) although when i put the
FSB up by 10MHz it came through post fine at 2.2GHz but wouldn't load
windows!

Soupladel

Old July 12th 03, 02:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Gaidheal

Yeah, pretty much the same story here.. I think we both hit the same problem
at the same speed on our processors: limit of the core. But... if someone
knows better, I'd LOVE to hear about it :¬)

I also tried it at 2.2 or close to by various combinations and even lower
than that but higher than 2.0 with the same result as you.. when I tried
even 1Mhz higher than an FSB of 200Mhz, regardless of multiplier though, it
failed to POST at all. I gather I can probably go higher on the Vcore than
I did, if I like.. but I was not willing to risk it unless there was
evidence to suggest that the 2400 is likely to go any faster.

Old July 12th 03, 01:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Soupladel

"Gaidheal" wrote in message
Yeah, pretty much the same story here.. I think we both hit the same

problem
at the same speed on our processors: limit of the core. But... if

someone
knows better, I'd LOVE to hear about it :¬)

I also tried it at 2.2 or close to by various combinations and even lower
than that but higher than 2.0 with the same result as you.. when I tried
even 1Mhz higher than an FSB of 200Mhz, regardless of multiplier though,

it
failed to POST at all. I gather I can probably go higher on the Vcore

than
I did, if I like.. but I was not willing to risk it unless there was
evidence to suggest that the 2400 is likely to go any faster.

I have to say that putting up the vcore would probably work on mine i just
haven't tried it, it is currently runnig with a very low 1.5 and no
stability problems!

Soupladel

Old July 12th 03, 02:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Soupladel

"Soupladel" wrote in message

"Soupladel" wrote in message
news

"Gaidheal" wrote in message
[...]

I have just put the FSB up to 110 and the vcore up to 1.65 and it has

booted
windows no problem, it is running currently at 57c without load though!

but
i know i need a better cooling solution for it as it is still runnig with
the same heatsink that I originally bought for my T/Bird 750MHz (although

at
the time it was rated for upto 1.4GHz not that means anything)

Soupladel

I have tried various other voltages just now and the first that would allow
windows to boot was 1.6, it is still running at 57c with no load though!

Soupladel

Old July 12th 03, 05:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Midnight

Why are you guys running a 2400+ at 100 FSB speed (100X20)? It defaults at
133 (133X15). I have mine running at 150 (150X15 = 2250).

Daniel

"Soupladel" wrote in message

"Soupladel" wrote in message

"Soupladel" wrote in message
news

Old July 13th 03, 06:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Midnight

You are right, It didn't even click when I saw that.. sorry.

Daniel

"Gaidheal" wrote in message
"Why are you guys running a 2400+ at 100 FSB speed (100X20)? It defaults

at
133 (133X15). I have mine running at 150 (150X15 = 2250)."

I am not LOL

If you bother to read the original post I made, you will see my FSB is
200Mhz, to go nicely with my DDR400 RAM. :¬)

However, since then I have got it at 11x200 with no changes to Vcore,

seems
it just did not like 10.5x odd.. but not complaining. Will try for more
once I am satisfied it is still perfectly stable. May even DROP Vcore

from
the default to see if it is happy with that.

Old July 19th 03, 06:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Gaidheal

No worries, Midnight :¬) Easy enough mistake. And I am pretty pleased with
the performance and stability so sometime after the weekend (I work
weekends) I might mess about some more.