Promise FastTrak TX2000 reboot problem

Old July 14th 03, 04:34 PM
Scott MacLean

Default Promise FastTrak TX2000 reboot problem

I have a FastTrak TX2000 set up to do RAID1 mirroring with two 40 gig IDE
drives under Windows 2000. It does everything I need it to do, except I do
have one problem.

The machine it is in is a remote PC sitting in a server closet in another
building. If the mirror becomes unsynchronized, and the PC is rebooted,
instead of booting back into Windows where it will rebuild the mirror
automatically once it starts, it stops at the BIOS boot level, saying that
it has detected an error, and to either press CTRL-F to enter the setup or
press ESC to continue the boot. It hangs at this point, waiting for keyboard
input. This is obviously no good for a machine sitting in a closet where
nobody can get to it. I end up having to drive across town to press ESC to
let the machine boot. What I would like is for it to default to pressing
"ESC", or for it to default to this after a timeout period. Anyone know if
this this possible, short of reverse-engineering the BIOS update file for
the card?

I'd like to know that if one of my mirrored drives fails, and the machine
reboots for any reason, it is actually going to reboot, instead of sitting
at a BIOS screen saying "hit ESC to continue". I mean, isn't that kind of
the point behind a mirrored fault-tolerant system?