A8V Deluxe BIOS Upgrade

Old February 16th 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Eric Mader

Default A8V Deluxe BIOS Upgrade

Hello,

I've got an A8V Deluxe w/ an Athlon 64 X2 4200+ and 2GB of memory
running Vista Ultimate x64. I've been having some system stability
problems since I upgraded the memory (Cosair TWINX2048-3200C2PT) and I'm
thinking about upgrading the BIOS from 1013 to either 1017 or the 1018
beta. Does anybody know what the differences are between 1017 and 1018?
Is 1018 stable?

Regards,
Eric Mader
Old February 17th 07, 12:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
fast_eddy

"Eric Mader" wrote in message
Hello,

I've got an A8V Deluxe w/ an Athlon 64 X2 4200+ and 2GB of memory running
Vista Ultimate x64. I've been having some system stability problems since
I upgraded the memory (Cosair TWINX2048-3200C2PT) and I'm thinking about
upgrading the BIOS from 1013 to either 1017 or the 1018 beta. Does anybody
know what the differences are between 1017 and 1018? Is 1018 stable?

Regards,
Eric Mader

Hi Eric
I went from 1017 to the 1018 beta... never noticed much if any differences?
Although, I think the beta may have recognised the correct voltage for the
x2.
Running an X2 4600 at 1.35v myself with 2x 1gig crucial sticks.

You may wish to up the memory voltage a notch... mine runs best at 2.7v
with the 1 gig sticks.

Completely stable on xp though I can't comment on Vista.
hth
Eddy

Old March 10th 07, 06:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
M.A.Rauder

"Eric Mader" schreef in bericht
Hello,

I've got an A8V Deluxe w/ an Athlon 64 X2 4200+ and 2GB of memory running
Vista Ultimate x64. I've been having some system stability problems since
I upgraded the memory (Cosair TWINX2048-3200C2PT) and I'm thinking about
upgrading the BIOS from 1013 to either 1017 or the 1018 beta. Does anybody
know what the differences are between 1017 and 1018? Is 1018 stable?

Regards,
Eric Mader

I use bios 1018.001
I run on this board w 4800x2 and XP pro.
When I put 4x1GB in the slots, i can't post
because of this warning:
"USB Device over current status Detected!
System will shutdown over 15 seconds"
And indeed it schuts off, so I can't go in the
bios to alter the settings with this ram amount.

When I put 2x1024 in 1 and 3, and 2x512 in
2 and 4, then I got 3GB of ram, and it works
normally tested with DDR400@3-3-3-8 CR2

Try the hypertrading set at 1000. Else 800.
But for stability I think it is the best to lock
the Memclock to CPU Ratio as 5:3 (333)
However I am trying lock 2:1 (400) now.

If you don't lock and use "auto-overclock"
then you can get instability troubles.
As solution you can try this on "standard".

(10-1 pin FP_AUDIO)
Don't forget to have the 2 jumpers on the
audioconnector on the mainboard if you
don't use a frontpanel audio connection.
This also can be a source of instability.

Overclocking or not, this learns a lot:
http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/...ssages/1050603