Vista

Old February 21st 07, 12:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tony Pacc

Default Vista

Has anybody received there Vista upgrade yet.

Old February 21st 07, 01:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
Has anybody received there Vista upgrade yet.

I was about to ask the same question. I haven't and it has been 6 weeks.
Still shows pending. I emailed the support email last night, so I'll see if
I get a response.

Tom

Old February 21st 07, 01:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[L.]

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:27:10 -0500, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
Has anybody received there Vista upgrade yet.

I was about to ask the same question. I haven't and it has been 6 weeks.
Still shows pending. I emailed the support email last night, so I'll see if
I get a response.

Tom

Some comments from the Register on
http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200...eem_this_bill/

[L.]
Old February 21st 07, 02:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"[L.]" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:27:10 -0500, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
.. .
Has anybody received there Vista upgrade yet.

I was about to ask the same question. I haven't and it has been 6 weeks.
Still shows pending. I emailed the support email last night, so I'll see
if
I get a response.

Tom

Some comments from the Register on
http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200...eem_this_bill/

[L.]

I don't know who is doing Dell's fulfillment, but it seems similar.

What's surprising is that Vista is WAY below expectations, so they should
not only have been prepared, they should be ahead of schedule.

But we ARE talking Microsoft here.

Leading to a joke I just read:

There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed
his desire to become a great writer.

When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write
stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people
will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will
make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.

Old February 21st 07, 05:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BigJim

don't be in a big hurry to get vista and when you do make sure you save your
drivers for xp somewhere. I used Vista and it is not to bad but I am back
using xp. My spin on Vista for hardware is
a Pentium 4 3 gig or better, 256 meg video card and 1 gig or better of ram.
It will run on less but get the full experience you need a high end machine.
Core 2 works great.

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
Has anybody received there Vista upgrade yet.

not without Vista Ron Hardin Dell Computers 14 February 23rd 07 11:14 PM
BE7 and Vista Marcus Homebuilt PC's 18 February 1st 07 03:30 AM
Vista and A8R-MVP? Jerry Asus Motherboards 10 January 29th 07 09:11 AM
Vista & AIW Marx Ati Videocards 10 January 4th 07 08:34 AM
Vista Richard Miller AMD x86-64 Processors 1 April 6th 06 11:41 PM