Memory

Old November 19th 04, 10:01 PM

Default Memory

Hello,

I have a Pentium 4 computer with 384MB of PC 233 DDR SDRAM. I have one stick
of 128MB and one stick of 256MB. I was hoping to place the stick of 128MB in
a Pentium II 400 computer. Since the computer will technically accept SDRAM,
I was wondering if DDR SDRAM would work in an older motherboard? My concern
is somehow damaging the motherboard on the Pentium II by installing
inappropriate RAM. I have read elsewhere that the Double Data rate advantage
of the RAM would not be utilized on an older motherboard but technically the
RAM would still work according to what I have read. I just wanted to confirm
this was correct. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-John

Old November 20th 04, 12:27 AM
DaveW

SDRAM and DDR RAM use DIFFERENT sockets and voltages. They are NOT
interchangeable.

--
DaveW