CityLink Not Delivering

Old July 4th 04, 10:49 PM
Paul Hopwood

"Paul-B - the original and the best!" wrote:

Good luck with, what i consider to be, a business attitude that is
likely to result in eventual self-decline.

Spoken like a true pompous prat who hasn't ever tried to run his own
business...

I happen to agree with the "pompous prat" and I *have* run my own
business.

Even ignoring the commercial implications for a moment, out of mere
common courtesy I wouldn't be as rude and impolite to a fellow human
being as yourself and Neil seem to advocate.

--
iv Paul iv

Old July 5th 04, 12:33 AM
Dave

"Paul-B - the original and the best!" wrote in
message ...
Dave posted:

"Paul-B - the original and the best!" wrote
in message ...
Dave posted:

"Niel Humphreys" wrote in
message ...
"Black Shuck" wrote in message
JULIAN HALES wrote:

told me i had no letterbox after knocking and
carded.....they didnt.

full of BS now i wil never deal wit a co that used
****tylink

I no longer deal with any company using CityLink, they are a
shambles, Make sure you tell you vendor that you are no longer
using them due to their choice of courier...

Perhaps we should compile a "avoid" list of companies known
to use CityLink...

EBuyer
UK-DVDR

Anyone else?

Me - Snowdon Computers

If you're going to be so anal then I am happy not to do business
with you.

Nice way to win customers, with that attitude, i wont be buying
from you.

PC World would seem to be more your style...

Hmm may i suggest a customer relations course for you! God knows you
need it,

My customers would disagree with you.

What customers??

then again being a little ebay only seller

Don't sell on eBay at all.

Really?

you probably
wouldnt pass it.

"pass" what? How can you "pass" a course?

As for PC World being more my style, if by that you
mean the attraction of NEW modern equipment rather then old tat,
then yes it probably is.

"PC World" and "NEW modern equipment" in the same sentence really says
it all about you, doesn't it?

Er not really, PC World have for example in stock Verbatim Dual Layer 8.5gb
DVD+R Media, some etailers still aint got them in yet............HAVE
YOU????

If however you meant the attraction of the
majority of stupid staff that work there, then no it isnt, if that
was the case, i could just order from you and not have to leave my
comfy chair.

Sorry, I don't sell to the general public, not even the know-nothing
****wits like you. My business deals direct with corporate customers,

LOL, yeah course it does, so far you havent mentioned "YOUR" businesses name
and web link or anything else, me thinks the closest you have ever come to
owning a company is in your dreams

where the buyers know what they're doing. Since the majority of them
use Citylink without any problems they'll continue to deal with

Er this was about citylink not knowing what they are doing, not about
customers not knowing what they are doing DOH

suppliers who use them, leaving the few who don't to be ****ed around
by your ilk.

Er yeah ok, if you say so mr Big Business *s******* man

Old July 5th 04, 12:35 AM
Dave

"Paul Hopwood" wrote in message
"Niel Humphreys" wrote:

Oh I don't know, if one of my staff called a ****wit customer a ****wit I
would probably agree with them and we'd have a laugh. I am not so

blinkered
to be under the impression that all customers have sunlight shining out

of
the arseholes and that my staff should pander to their every needs.

I've no doubt that there are some customers you'd prefer not to have,
and it's your prerogative not to do business with them, but that's no
excuse for a lack of common courtesy.

Or perhaps you consider being polite to customers to be "pandering to
their every need"?

I have no dealings with Snowden Computers and from the general
attitude you've conveyed in this thread I think I'm happy to keep it
that way.

Exactly

Old July 5th 04, 12:38 AM
Dave

"Paul-B - the original and the best!" wrote in
message ...
Paul Hopwood posted:

"Paul-B - the original and the best!" wrote:

Sorry, I don't sell to the general public, not even the know-nothing
****wits like you. My business deals direct with corporate
customers, where the buyers know what they're doing. Since the
majority of them use Citylink without any problems they'll continue
to deal with suppliers who use them, leaving the few who don't to
be ****ed around by your ilk.

I note with interest you don't cite your name or the company you work
for. While corporate customers might often "know what they're doing"
they tend to be even less tolerant of an attitude like yours.

Certainly calling any punter a "****wit" would have you disqualified
as quick as it takes to make a call to the purchasing department!

I don't work for any company, ****wit, I'm a freelance. Self-employed,
you know, so if I **** up I don't get any business or keep my clients.

So far I haven't lost a single one, and my appointments book is full
for the forseeable future.

So whats your "imaginary" companys name............. dont tell me.........
its comps'r'us.........have you got the new tomy in yet? My 5 year old would
love that

Old July 5th 04, 12:39 AM

wrote:

Sorry, I don't sell to the general public, not even the
know-nothing ****wits like you. My business deals direct with
corporate customers, where the buyers know what they're doing.
Since the majority of them use Citylink without any problems
they'll continue to deal with suppliers who use them, leaving
the few who don't to be ****ed around by your ilk.

I note with interest you don't cite your name or the company you
work for. While corporate customers might often "know what
they're doing" they tend to be even less tolerant of an attitude
like yours.

Certainly calling any punter a "****wit" would have you
disqualified as quick as it takes to make a call to the
purchasing department!

I don't work for any company, ****wit, I'm a freelance.
Self-employed, you know, so if I **** up I don't get any business
or keep my clients.

So far I haven't lost a single one, and my appointments book is full
for the forseeable future.

So whats your "imaginary" companys name............. dont tell
me......... its comps'r'us.........have you got the new tomy in yet?
My 5 year old would love that

You seem to be incapable of stringing a comprehensible sentence
together... kindergarten's out early, is it?

Have a look in the dictionary and see what "freelance" means. Although
no doubt your 5 year old would probably have to explain it to you.

--
Paul-B

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

Reply to address is spam-trap. Use paul at streetka dot biz if you
really must!
Old July 5th 04, 12:39 AM
Dave

"Paul Hopwood" wrote in message
news
"Paul-B - the original and the best!" wrote:

I note with interest you don't cite your name or the company you work
for. While corporate customers might often "know what they're doing"
they tend to be even less tolerant of an attitude like yours.

I don't work for any company, ****wit, I'm a freelance. Self-employed,
you know, so if I **** up I don't get any business or keep my clients.

With an attitude like that I suspect you have little alternative as
you're almost certainly un-employable.

Agreed

So far I haven't lost a single one, and my appointments book is full
for the forseeable future.

Good for you. Let's hope none of your customers see your postings in
here otherwise it's likely to empty quickly.

What the idiot doesnt realise is that its possible (if his company wasnt a
pipedream) that his customers could be reading, and taking business
elsewhere as we speak

Old July 5th 04, 12:42 AM
Dave

"Paul-B - the original and the best!" wrote in
message ...
Paul Hopwood posted:

"Paul-B - the original and the best!" wrote:

I note with interest you don't cite your name or the company you

work for. While corporate customers might often "know what
they're doing" they tend to be even less tolerant of an attitude
like yours.
I don't work for any company, ****wit, I'm a freelance.
Self-employed, you know, so if I **** up I don't get any business
or keep my clients.

With an attitude like that I suspect you have little alternative as
you're almost certainly un-employable.

Really?

Shows how little you know.

NAHNAHNAHNAHNAH my dads better then your dad

So far I haven't lost a single one, and my appointments book is full
for the forseeable future.

Good for you. Let's hope none of your customers see your postings in
here otherwise it's likely to empty quickly.

My clients want someone who gets the job done quickly, efficiently and
to a high standard, which is why I still have them all after 5 years of
trading and why I keep getting referrals for new business.

Christ ya dreams are vivid

I doubt whether my postings here or elsewhere would cause them to
change their minds, I'm straight-spoken with them and that's the way
they want it.

Straight spoken, hahaha, nice joke, when you on stage next