Is color laser paper OK for mono laser printers?

Old October 30th 06, 06:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Dot Net Developer

Default Is color laser paper OK for mono laser printers?

Just got a new mono laser printer, now need some paper!

But I only see color laser paper advertised online.

Will it be OK?

Thanks, regards, dnw.

Old October 30th 06, 07:30 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Protoncek \(ex. SleeperMan\)

"Dot Net Developer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just got a new mono laser printer, now need some paper!

But I only see color laser paper advertised online.

Will it be OK?

Thanks, regards, dnw.

hm....i don't see any reason why you shouldn't use plain cheap paper? Any
will do... For document printing, anyway. Those special papers are ment for
special applications. Jus tbuy cheapest you find and you're OK.

--
http://www.protoncek.com

Old October 31st 06, 07:20 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Protoncek \(ex. SleeperMan\)

"Dot Net Developer" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want my printed text document to look as good as possible.

laser prints quite similar on whatever paper you take. Even if you take,
say, glossy paper, printed sirfaces won't be glossy after print. The whole
point is that when using inkjet, ink can absorb into paper and thus
resulting n odd look, while toner doesn't absorb and so it's really not
important which paper you have. Try out and see. But, as said...and paper
will do.

Old October 31st 06, 09:24 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

"Protoncek \(ex. SleeperMan\)" wrote:
"Dot Net Developer" wrote in message
roups.com...
I want my printed text document to look as good as possible.

laser prints quite similar on whatever paper you take. Even if you take,
say, glossy paper, printed sirfaces won't be glossy after print. The whole
point is that when using inkjet, ink can absorb into paper and thus
resulting n odd look, while toner doesn't absorb and so it's really not
important which paper you have. Try out and see. But, as said...and paper
will do.

Well almost any paper, coated paper should never be used in laser printers
unless it is specifically designed for laser use. Using non laser coated paper
will almost certainly destroy the fuser.
Tony

Old October 31st 06, 11:22 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Protoncek \(ex. SleeperMan\)

"Tony" wrote in message
news
"Protoncek \(ex. SleeperMan\)" wrote:
"Dot Net Developer" wrote in message
groups.com...
I want my printed text document to look as good as possible.

laser prints quite similar on whatever paper you take. Even if you take,
say, glossy paper, printed sirfaces won't be glossy after print. The whole
point is that when using inkjet, ink can absorb into paper and thus
resulting n odd look, while toner doesn't absorb and so it's really not
important which paper you have. Try out and see. But, as said...and paper
will do.

Well almost any paper, coated paper should never be used in laser printers
unless it is specifically designed for laser use. Using non laser coated
paper
will almost certainly destroy the fuser.
Tony

Agreed.
With "almost any" i meant any plain paper (i think i wrote so). i guess i
wasn't clear enough....
i should say laser glossy, not just glossy...

http://www.protoncek.com

Old October 31st 06, 12:48 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Chances are you are looking for "laser paper" and that's why.

Although you could use color laser printer paper (I am speaking of matte
bond type - the glossy may not work properly in your laser printer
depending upon the way the gloss is achieved and how hot the fuser gets
in your laser printer), but that would be real overkill in terms of
quality and cost.

All you need for a black and white laser printer is paper marked either
"Multipurpose" or photocopy paper, or general use laser and inkjet
paper, or just "white bond paper". The weight is usually 20 pounds, up
to about 24 pounds if heavier or double sided printing is being done.

The whiteness level is up to you. The highest numbers (around 100 on
one scale, up to about 120 on another) create a very white paper, but
even 84 is high enough for general use.

You can also use colored bond paper for special reports or where you
wish for something to be easier to find, etc. Typically, the paper
package will list laser printing as one option, but the paper itself my
not be sold as laser printer paper, since almost all bond paper will work.

Art

Old October 31st 06, 02:20 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gordo

If you want good sharp print, use at least 600 dpi, I currently use 1200.
For paper, use 24lb, with a brightness rating of 94 or better.

For everyday use, use the most inexpensive copy paper available. If you use
a lot of paper, try Costco; around $24 for a case of 5000 sheets.

Gordo

Old October 31st 06, 02:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Dot Net Developer wrote:
I want my printed text document to look as good as possible.

In that case (and since you don't seem to mind that it'll cost multiple
times as much per paper page), the three criteria you might consider at
any larger office superstore are brightness rating, thickness (aka
weight), and cotton content (higher supposedly better), and get newer
paper not old stock so the moisture content is still correct (which
mainly means, popular product from a seller that moves volume like the
office superstores). There is no "this brand and model is extra
special" situation though, regular uncoated paper is a fairly common
commodity.

Old October 31st 06, 06:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

"Protoncek \(ex. SleeperMan\)" wrote:
"Tony" wrote in message
news
"Protoncek \(ex. SleeperMan\)" wrote:
"Dot Net Developer" wrote in message
egroups.com...
[...]

Sorry, I didn't mean to be picky. Your reply to the OP was spot on. Just making
sure nobody put the wrong construction on your post.
Tony