Microsoft turns to technology licensing for Xbox Next

Old November 18th 03, 03:43 AM
Keith R. Williams

Default Microsoft turns to technology licensing for Xbox Next

In article , Roj
asman@ says...
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:45:05 -0600, chrisv
wrote:

Which very often is not the case. If it was so easy to get away from
Micro$oft, they wouldn't have the market share they do. Duh.

Ease has zip to do with it - convenience does.

Oh, and "ease" and "convenience" are not closely-related concepts?
Damn, you people are stupid.

Not everything that is convenient is easy. It's convenient for you to
blast Microsoft - so many do it. The problem is that it sure isn't
easy for you (or the naysayers) to substantiate your allegations
beyond shrill rhetoric and name calling.

Sorry, but as wrong as ChrisV is about Intel processors ;-), you
have no footing here. Convienient ~ easy. They don't call them
"convenience marts" (A.K.A Quickie-Mart) for nothing.

However, if you wish to use the terms in incongruent sentences,
how about:

It's "easy" to blast M$ucks.
It's "convenient" to redefine terms to suit your agenda.

--
Keith
Old November 18th 03, 03:58 AM
Roj

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:43:03 -0500, Keith R. Williams
wrote:

Sorry, but as wrong as ChrisV is about Intel processors ;-), you
have no footing here. Convienient ~ easy.

Not at all. It's convenient for me to have a Quickie half a mile from
my house. That does not necessarily make it easy for me to get there.

Now, if it were convenient *and* easy...

The terms are not necessarily synonymous.
--
Roj

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
- Ulysses
Old November 18th 03, 09:57 AM
The little lost angel

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:58:11 -0500, Roj asman@ wrote:
Not at all. It's convenient for me to have a Quickie half a mile from
my house. That does not necessarily make it easy for me to get there.

Now, if it were convenient *and* easy...
The terms are not necessarily synonymous.

I guess not being a native English speaker makes this example
contradictory to me... How can it be convenient to have a quickie half
a mile from your house if it is not easy to get there?

It made sense if I reversed it, ie easy to get there but not
convenient to have a quickie there, or even convenient to get there
but not easy to have a quickie.

Or maybe my English just plain sucks :P

If you need basic to med complexity webpages at affordable rates, email me
Old November 18th 03, 04:54 PM
Tony Hill

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:57:40 GMT,
(The little lost angel) wrote:
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:58:11 -0500, Roj asman@ wrote:
Not at all. It's convenient for me to have a Quickie half a mile from
my house. That does not necessarily make it easy for me to get there.

Now, if it were convenient *and* easy...
The terms are not necessarily synonymous.

I guess not being a native English speaker makes this example
contradictory to me... How can it be convenient to have a quickie half
a mile from your house if it is not easy to get there?

Maybe if there is a big honking river (with no bridges) between you
and the quickie-mart?

It made sense if I reversed it, ie easy to get there but not
convenient to have a quickie there, or even convenient to get there
but not easy to have a quickie.

I think we all know that it's not always easy to have a quickie.
Organizing schedules and a meeting place to do that can sometimes be
rather difficult, and that's assuming that you've already got someone
lined up to have a quickie with!

Ohh wait.. were we still talking about convenience stores? Umm..
never mind then! :

-------------
Tony Hill
hilla underscore 20 at yahoo dot ca
Old November 19th 03, 03:40 AM
Keith R. Williams

In article , Roj
asman@ says...
wrote:

Sorry, but as wrong as ChrisV is about Intel processors ;-), you
have no footing here. Convienient ~ easy.

Not at all. It's convenient for me to have a Quickie half a mile from
my house. That does not necessarily make it easy for me to get there.

Now, if it were convenient *and* easy...

The terms are not necessarily synonymous.

I suggest that you study the language some more. They are indeed
synonymous. ChrisV has you dead-wrong here.

--
Keith
Old November 20th 03, 10:02 PM
Roj

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:40:50 -0500, Keith R. Williams
wrote:

As usual, l'Angel, you have it right. Indeed I'm not sure Roj is
a Y1L type. His differentiation makes no sense.

I am native English but consider:

What good is half a mile from my house if I have to jump through hoops
for that half mile to get there (multiple traffic lights, construction
on the roads, etc.)?

The local Wal-Mart is indeed about a mile from my house. That makes
it very convenient. Unfortunately right now the city has torn up the
road and is doing major work on it. So much for ease of getting
there.

First hand experience trumps hypothetical every time.

Think *outside* the box...

Old November 21st 03, 02:56 AM
Keith R. Williams

In article , Roj
asman@ says...
wrote:

As usual, l'Angel, you have it right. Indeed I'm not sure Roj is
a Y1L type. His differentiation makes no sense.

I am native English but consider:

Ok, now I'm totally confused by your illiteracy.

What good is half a mile from my house if I have to jump through hoops
for that half mile to get there (multiple traffic lights, construction
on the roads, etc.)?

Then it is not convenient to shop there is it, Roj? It's not
easy, thus it cannot be convenient. A pretty simple concept, no?

The local Wal-Mart is indeed about a mile from my house. That makes
it very convenient. Unfortunately right now the city has torn up the
road and is doing major work on it. So much for ease of getting
there.

Then it is not convenient, nor easy to get there. see above

First hand experience trumps hypothetical every time.

Logic trumps illiteracy, every time.

Think *outside* the box...

Think!

--
Keith
Old November 21st 03, 04:42 AM
Roj

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:56:32 -0500, Keith R. Williams
wrote:

Ok, now I'm totally confused by your illiteracy.

I however am not in the slightest bit befuddled by your lack of
understanding.

Then it is not convenient to shop there is it, Roj?

Sure it is. Just not right now.

It's not easy, thus it cannot be convenient. A pretty simple concept, no?

Only for the simple.

Logic trumps illiteracy, every time.

Then you quite obviously have a ways to go since you need to
strengthen both skills. Persevere and don't lose hope though - one
day you may well get there.

Or at least you may think you will...

Old November 21st 03, 04:54 AM
Roj

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:56:32 -0500, Keith R. Williams
wrote:

** snippage **

Now, assuming you can read (a quite valid assumption) and understand
(that one's a bit of a stretch but I'll give you the benefit of the
doubt for the sake of argument), here are two quickies (no pun
intended - it would be wasted upon you anyway) from Google, thus
easily accessible by all:

Web Definition: easy - with ease (`easy' is sometimes used
informally for `easily'); "she was easily excited"; "was easily
confused"; "he won easily"; "this china breaks very easily"; "success
came too easy"

Web Definition: convenient - suited to your comfort or purpose or
needs; "a convenient excuse for not going"

I'm sure the resulting torrential flow of illogic attempting to
justify your viewpoint will be most entertaining (at least to some),
but I think the above spells it out in black and white, consequently
putting the issue to bed.

There endeth the lesson - and my participation in your efforts at
"Continuing Education".