red company versus green company

Old August 2nd 04, 01:34 PM
Nada

Default red company versus green company

For gamers, and those trying to figure out a card to purchase, there's
a very good graphics card comparison that can be found from he

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...ards-2004.html

P.S.: Check out the horrible frame-rates on Deus Ex 2 and "Hitman 3".
Old August 3rd 04, 05:25 AM
ccs

"Nada" wrote in message
om...
For gamers, and those trying to figure out a card to purchase, there's
a very good graphics card comparison that can be found from he

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...ards-2004.html

P.S.: Check out the horrible frame-rates on Deus Ex 2 and "Hitman 3".

Ever see ATI run Doom3? LOL. A $299 NVIDIA 6800 NU beats an ATI$499 XT PE.

Go away troll.

Old August 3rd 04, 12:56 PM
Nada

"ccs" wrote:
"Nada" wrote:
For gamers, and those trying to figure out a card to purchase, there's
a very good graphics card comparison that can be found from he

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...ards-2004.html

P.S.: Check out the horrible frame-rates on Deus Ex 2 and "Hitman 3".

Ever see ATI run Doom3? LOL. A $299 NVIDIA 6800 NU beats an ATI$499 XT PE.

Go away troll.

Que? I thought that was an excellent comparison of graphics cards
with variety of games. And no, I've never seen either ATI or nVidia
run "Doom 3".
Old August 3rd 04, 09:39 PM
deimos

Nada wrote:

"ccs" wrote:

"Nada" wrote:

For gamers, and those trying to figure out a card to purchase, there's
a very good graphics card comparison that can be found from he

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...ards-2004.html

P.S.: Check out the horrible frame-rates on Deus Ex 2 and "Hitman 3".

Ever see ATI run Doom3? LOL. A $299 NVIDIA 6800 NU beats an ATI$499 XT PE.

Go away troll.

Que? I thought that was an excellent comparison of graphics cards
with variety of games. And no, I've never seen either ATI or nVidia
run "Doom 3".

Well I have.

Right here, right now, running Doom 3 on both my GFX 5600 256MB and a
Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB. On fairly equivalent systems, my 5600 completely
blows away the 9600 Pro on both medium and high quality settings.

I've optimized and configured the 9600 system by now to run it fairly
well though. Running at medium settings with a few tweaks to the
registry and some lowered mipmap and lod did the trick -- as well as
overclocking the card substantially and the system FSB.

Old August 4th 04, 11:47 AM
Nada

deimos wrote:
Nada wrote:

"ccs" wrote:

"Nada" wrote:

[...]

Nvidia's warehouse for shadows is deeper than Batman's cave, which is
likely the reason why it likes Nvidia cards. Just wish they'd drop
down the prices for basic 6800 models.