Looking for portable speakers

Old May 4th 13, 03:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
metspitzer

Default Looking for portable speakers

If someone could point me to an "active" Usenet group where this would
be on topic I would appreciate it.

I am looking for some nice outdoor speakers that have rechargeable
batteries so I can plug into my phone and listen to music on the
tennis court or at the pool.

Old May 4th 13, 06:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Metspitzer wrote:
If someone could point me to an "active" Usenet group where this would
be on topic I would appreciate it.

I am looking for some nice outdoor speakers that have rechargeable
batteries so I can plug into my phone and listen to music on the
tennis court or at the pool.

Just find some reviews on the web ?

http://reviews.cnet.com/2795-11313_7-682.html

My preference as a consumer, is that the batteries for the thing be
removable, *and* be a standard type. (Unlike with digital cameras,
where there are custom battery packs for each one.) If the battery
type was a standard, you could pack a spare set.

For the product on the left, I tried to find out the battery type,
and so far, it hasn't been mentioned as a "D" cell or anything.
It may be a fixed internal battery.

I would also listen to them in person. When it came time to purchase
computer speakers, one of the local computer stores had a relatively
large display area with speakers set up. And nothing there was worth
a penny - just crap. I would not want to buy and return, over and over
again, speakers sets until you get a good one. My favorite speakers
turned out to be a pair of speakers from a local "clearance" computer
store, that were only $20, but beat anything the other store had to offer
up to the $100 level. You can't really go by what other people are
hearing. If I'd relied on reviews, for the sound quality, I'd have
bought the wrong product.

*******

Looking through some Newegg entries, you can find "tasteless" without
looking too hard. Fortunately, there are no reviews for this one.
If you took this to your work site, nobody is going to steal it :-)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA0890NS6216

Paul
Old May 4th 13, 08:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 03 May 2013 22:08:39 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

If someone could point me to an "active" Usenet group where this would
be on topic I would appreciate it.

I am looking for some nice outdoor speakers that have rechargeable
batteries so I can plug into my phone and listen to music on the
tennis court or at the pool.

The new or hottest ones, I dunno what they're called, they work with
smartphones and such. Little things less than a beer can kinda
mushroom shaped bottoms and tops. I've seen them around. Surprisingly
good sound for what they do, though. Dunno who/what to connect to for
a subscription or whatever. Should be anywhere from Ebay to RatShack
to direct Chinese marketing. Ought not be a problem, popular and
everybody buys them now. (Except me...I'm "hi-end".)
Old May 4th 13, 04:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
metspitzer

On Sat, 04 May 2013 01:12:10 -0400, Paul wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the suggestions.

PF1 key on portable keyboard Electrician General 0 January 19th 08 12:06 AM
Portable PCs? Juneaukid Homebuilt PC's 8 March 22nd 07 06:53 PM
Portable Plus Golfrock Compaq Computers 2 December 16th 06 04:49 PM
Portable Scanners Mac McDougald Scanners 4 September 29th 04 03:53 AM
Homebuilt *Portable* gaming system with *portable* monitor, $1300 including monitor! Dave C. Homebuilt PC's 0 July 27th 04 10:40 PM