Audio warble on startup????

Old March 23rd 07, 02:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Audio warble on startup????

When I turn my computer on I immediately get a warble tone from the
speakers. It continues until Windows starts up. I have no problem with
display, or computer once windows xp is running. It started when I
upgraded to a PNY GeForce 6200 Nvidia video card. It can't be a heat
problem since it begins when computer is turned on. I recently
upgraded to a BFG GeForce 7800gsoc video card and a new quality
500watt power supply and the problem stayed there.
The tone is really irritating. Any idea of the cause?

ABit KV8 pro mainboard
Corsiar DDR (333) 2700 Matched memory pair 1 gig memory
Windows XP pro
AMD Athalon 64 3000+
Old March 23rd 07, 03:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mike T.

wrote in message
When I turn my computer on I immediately get a warble tone from the
speakers. It continues until Windows starts up. I have no problem with
display, or computer once windows xp is running. It started when I
upgraded to a PNY GeForce 6200 Nvidia video card. It can't be a heat
problem since it begins when computer is turned on. I recently
upgraded to a BFG GeForce 7800gsoc video card and a new quality
500watt power supply and the problem stayed there.
The tone is really irritating. Any idea of the cause?

ABit KV8 pro mainboard
Corsiar DDR (333) 2700 Matched memory pair 1 gig memory
Windows XP pro
AMD Athalon 64 3000+

An audio card that acts funky until it is fully initialized. -Dave

Old March 23rd 07, 07:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:20:41 -0500, Paul wrote:

wrote:
When I turn my computer on I immediately get a warble tone from the
speakers. It continues until Windows starts up. I have no problem with
display, or computer once windows xp is running. It started when I
upgraded to a PNY GeForce 6200 Nvidia video card. It can't be a heat
problem since it begins when computer is turned on. I recently
upgraded to a BFG GeForce 7800gsoc video card and a new quality
500watt power supply and the problem stayed there.
The tone is really irritating. Any idea of the cause?

ABit KV8 pro mainboard
Corsiar DDR (333) 2700 Matched memory pair 1 gig memory
Windows XP pro
AMD Athalon 64 3000+

Go into your BIOS and have a look at the readings in the
hardware monitor. Maybe some reading is out of acceptable
range in there. Maybe a heatsink fell off (do a quick visual
check inside the computer case).

Would the sound be like a European police siren ?

Paul

Yes like a European police siren.
I'll check the case insides. Thanks