Jaton 3DForce2 MX-64LTV drivers

Old October 9th 07, 03:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rocco

Default Jaton 3DForce2 MX-64LTV drivers

Someone gave me an old computer with the Jaton 3DForce2 MX-64LTV
(JTNMC 82118). He got it for free from a business that was "throwing"
out its old computers. He gave it to me because the HDD had been
wiped clean and it came without a CD or floppy with drivers or OS. He
couldn't deal with the problem.

I've got the system working fine for a friend who had an even older
system, but I had to replace the Jaton card with an even older ATI
Rage card which works OK. I've checked with Jaton and other web sites
(the free drivers sites), and I can't find drivers for the card except
for those that work with MS Win 9x.

This system has Win XP Pro installed. Jaton lists the XP driver, but
its FTP says there's no such file. I guess Jaton stopped supporting
the card since it's so old, but it neglected to remove references to
the card from its drivers pages.

Anyone have the drivers or know of a source?

Old October 9th 07, 04:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
tony h

i believe its a geforce 2 mx400 (4x agp), so old nvidia drivers should do
the job.

Old October 10th 07, 01:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Sir-Les-MP

you could also take a look at www.driverguide.com
i used it recently to get drivers for a black widow scanner as they dont
have any drivers on their one website any more.
Old October 10th 07, 03:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rocco

you could also take a look atwww.driverguide.com
i used it recently to get drivers for a black widow scanner as they dont
have any drivers on their one website any more.

I also sent a message to tech support at Nvidia and, after I posted to
this group, someone at Nvidia sent me an URL that worked. Now that's
service!

The drivers were quite new compared to those that probably came with
the card and they work fine.

Old October 10th 07, 03:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rocco

tony h wrote:
i believe its a geforce 2 mx400 (4x agp), so old nvidia drivers should do
the job.

you could also take a look atwww.driverguide.com
i used it recently to get drivers for a black widow scanner as they dont
have any drivers on their one website any more.

I also sent a message to tech support at Nvidia and, after I posted to
this group, someone at Nvidia sent me an URL that worked. Now that's
service!

The drivers were quite new compared to those that probably came with
the card and they work fine.

I said Nvidia, but I meant to say Jaton -- I got a good URL and
drivers from Jaton.