To: Tom Scales

Old May 2nd 07, 03:25 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Barry Watzman

Default To: Tom Scales

Why are ALL of your posts showing up with a blank subject?
Old May 2nd 07, 03:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Default I don't know

I don't know. I'm using an Outlook plug-in and it seems to differentiate
between conversation title and subject title. Displays the subject
properly for me, but evidently not for everyone. I'll try to be careful
and copy the former to the latter.

Tom

Old May 2nd 07, 06:07 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bluegoose

Default Tom Scales

"Barry Watzman" wrote in message
Why are ALL of your posts showing up with a blank subject?

I use outlook express and the subject line is showing for me.
??

bac

Old May 2nd 07, 06:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Old May 2nd 07, 06:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Steve W.

Bluegoose wrote:
"Barry Watzman" wrote in message
Why are ALL of your posts showing up with a blank subject?

I use outlook express and the subject line is showing for me.
??

bac

I run T-Bird 1.5 and don't have a problem

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
Old May 2nd 07, 11:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Pen

Steve W. wrote:
Bluegoose wrote:
"Barry Watzman" wrote in message
Why are ALL of your posts showing up with a blank subject?

I use outlook express and the subject line is showing for me.
??

bac

I run T-Bird 1.5 and don't have a problem

T-Bird 2.0, no problem.
Old May 2nd 07, 12:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

Tom, your "new" newsreader ain't cutting it... please switch back to
your old one. Of course you're entitled to use what you wish but for
some reason (color of orig post you're replying to / spacing of orig
post you're replying to if you bottom post) your current newsreader
seems bothersome to me to read .
I can't say this to your earlier posts nor others.

Just my 2 cents worth....

Old May 2nd 07, 12:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Can you forward one to my email? I don't understand what is going
wrong. Is everyone seeing a problem?

I really don't want to switch to another newsreader. I'm just posting
as plain text and they look fine to me going in and out, even when I
read them with Windows Mail (i.e. Outlook Express for Vista)

Tom

Old May 2nd 07, 12:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Rich/rerat

Mr. Scales,
Are you using Outlook to send news messages. It might be that you posted to
your news server in RTF format, instead of Plain Text. Since users of
Outlook Express can't read the RTF format, they got "blank" message bodies
for your postings. I saw one of your blank news postings myself, and I use
Outlook Express as my news reader.

The following article from MS, explains some:
OLEXP: Cannot View Embedded Objects or .rtf, .etf, .dat Attachments
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/166439

--
Have A Good Day
Rich/rerat

"Tom Scales" wrote in message

Old May 2nd 07, 12:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Barry Watzman

I'm using Thunderbird (the Mozilla (Netscape) E-Mail Client).

The blank subjects from Tom only started 2 days ago, and this morning
the subject is showing up again.

Posted At: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 1:07 AM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Tom Scales

"Barry Watzman" wrote in message
Why are ALL of your posts showing up with a blank subject?

I use outlook express and the subject line is showing for me.
??

bac

That's good to know. What are you using Barry?

Tom (Scales)....... S.Lewis Dell Computers 28 February 17th 07 02:36 PM
Scales........ S.Lewis Dell Computers 13 December 3rd 06 10:49 PM
Att: Tom Scales, Please! Mikie Dell Computers 1 October 15th 06 10:19 PM
Tom Scales, please? Mikie Dell Computers 1 October 10th 06 10:38 AM
David and Tom Scales, please? [email protected] Dell Computers 9 March 19th 05 08:01 AM