Dell Precision - Bad Graphics card?

Old December 22nd 10, 02:26 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Justin[_8_]

Default Dell Precision - Bad Graphics card?

Hi folks, I have a Dell Precision in for repair. I think the graphics
card is bad but I'm just looking to get a second opinion or two.
I switched PCI-e slots and I have the same thing. Also changed monitors
and DVI-cables.
Here are a few pictures just to illustrate.

http://img80.imageshack.us/i/dsc01546resized.jpg/

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/dsc01544resized.jpg/
http://img262.imageshack.us/i/dsc01547resized.jpg/
http://img98.imageshack.us/i/dsc01548resized.jpg/
http://img262.imageshack.us/i/dsc01549resized.jpg/
Old December 22nd 10, 08:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_2_]

On 12/21/2010 8:26 PM, Justin wrote:
Hi folks, I have a Dell Precision in for repair. I think the graphics
card is bad but I'm just looking to get a second opinion or two.
I switched PCI-e slots and I have the same thing. Also changed monitors
and DVI-cables.
Here are a few pictures just to illustrate.

http://img80.imageshack.us/i/dsc01546resized.jpg/

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/dsc01544resized.jpg/
http://img262.imageshack.us/i/dsc01547resized.jpg/
http://img98.imageshack.us/i/dsc01548resized.jpg/
http://img262.imageshack.us/i/dsc01549resized.jpg/

Failed graphics card. For sure. The dots on the screen shown in
dsc01546resized.jpg are a tell-tale sign of either bad graphics card
memory or a bad main graphics chip. nVidia or ATI??? I'll bet on
nVidia, who are working very hard to overcome a well-earned reputation
for hot-running and failing graphics chips... Ben Myers

bad graphics card? john doe General 4 September 12th 07 06:53 PM
Dell graphics card question Joe Dell Computers 2 November 24th 06 04:17 AM
Bad Dell monitor from bad video card? Jim Gunn Dell Computers 2 May 18th 06 02:40 AM
Remedy for bad graphics card bios flash --- use PCI graphics card WITH dead AGP card to reflash bios [email protected] General 1 January 22nd 06 06:59 PM
Intel mini PCI wireless card good for Dell M50 Precision workstation? [email protected] Dell Computers 2 January 6th 06 04:36 PM