Canon MultiPass C5000 On a Network

Old June 28th 03, 12:46 PM
Russ Wright

Default Canon MultiPass C5000 On a Network

"Jim Kelly" wrote in message
gy.com...
Does anyone know if it's possible to share a Cannon MultiPass C5000 on a
peer to peer network (Windows ME)? I've tried but print jobs from the
remote computer don't print. The jobs show up in the Canon's document

queue
on the host computer as "spooling" for a few seconds, but nothing happens

at
the printer. It may have something to do with the "background" program
which seems to stand between the host computer and its parallel port.

I've
set up an HP printer in the network with no problem.

Jim Kelly

The MuttiPASS software is an issue, You could try using the BJC-4200 driver
on the remote workstation.

or
if you need to print
set the MPC5000 is Printer mode
FUNCTION 0
Use until DOS PRINT
Press START twice
and Turn off the MultiPASS software
Use the BJC-4200 print driver to print

Old June 28th 03, 09:52 PM
Jim Kelly

Thanks, Russ. But the BJC 4200 driver didn't work and the second procedure
you gave is more trouble than it's worth. You might be interested in the
incredible answer I received from Canon on this problem:

Dear Mr. Kelly,

Thank you for writing to us.

Unfortunately, Canon does not support the configuration you have
inquired about. This is not to say the setup will not work, but that
Canon cannot provide assistance on this configuration. Canon has found
that network/print server/print sharing environments do not function
with 100% compliance to Canon compatibility standards. We apologize for
the inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Jimmy
Product Support Representative

In other words, if you want a network printer, forget about Canon!

Jim Kelly

Old June 28th 03, 10:12 PM
Bob O`Bob

Jim Kelly wrote:

Thanks, Russ. But the BJC 4200 driver didn't work and the second procedure
you gave is more trouble than it's worth. You might be interested in the
incredible answer I received from Canon on this problem:

Dear Mr. Kelly,

Thank you for writing to us.

Unfortunately, Canon does not support the configuration you have
inquired about. This is not to say the setup will not work, but that
Canon cannot provide assistance on this configuration. Canon has found
that network/print server/print sharing environments do not function
with 100% compliance to Canon compatibility standards. We apologize for
the inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Jimmy
Product Support Representative

In other words, if you want a network printer, forget about Canon!

If you want a network printer, forget about Canon's MULTIFUNCTION units.

Bob (MultiPASS F50 owner)
Old June 29th 03, 01:10 PM
Fred Farkle

We have a Canon Multipass L6000 shared on a Win98 peer to peer
network. Works great. The only wproblem we have with it is I can't get
it to share to WinXP, even with the new drivers.

Paul

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:52:20 GMT, "Jim Kelly"
babbled:

Old June 30th 03, 07:30 PM
Jim Kelly

Everyone:

In fairnees to Canon, I'm sending you a recent reply I received. My
MultiPASS C5000 is an older model:

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your reply. Current model units are networkable through
sharing of the unit. The older models were not designed for network use,
and are not network compatible.

Sincerely,

Chris
Product Support Representative

Customer Satisfaction... The most important product we support!

Jim Kelly