My Vintage Dream PC

Old May 19th 09, 09:55 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computers,alt.computer
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Default My Vintage Dream PC

sandy58 wrote:
On May 19, 3:35 am, GreenXenon wrote:
On May 18, 6:45 pm, wrote:

You want to be in Southern California because...???

I live in SoCal

Does Switzerland have more lenient software piracy laws? Is that why
you choose Switzerland?

I associate Switzerland with high-technology telecommunications. I
also associate it with the psychedelic tones I hear on the phone when
dialing any number to Switzerland from American. In addition, I also
like the error messages I would get from all the EMI/RFI that would
invade the signals on the phone lines on the way to/from Switzerland
and America.

What's wrong with Windows 3.1?

I like the visuals of Win 3.0 better. In addition, The Software
Toolworks World Atlas Version 3.2 display "Soviet Union" in Win 3.0.
In Win 3.1, it displays "USSR"

Quotes from "Glow-In-The-Dark" GreenXenon
1. The longest wavelength of EM radiation the average human eye
perceives as green and not yellow.

2. The shortest wavelength of EM radiation the average human eye
perceives as red and not orange.

What are these wavelengths?

I'm now daydreaming about aurora-like patterns of coherent light of
those two wavelengths.
Your out of your tree, asshole. Go play somewhere else...like the
freeway...blind-folded....in the dark???

What have you been smoking?
Red light is long wave,
green is middle range wave,
blue is short wavelength .
Old May 19th 09, 09:57 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computers,alt.computer
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

philo wrote:
Do not feed the troll

And dont re-transmit his blatterings.(please...)
Old May 20th 09, 12:26 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

On Tue, 19 May 2009 14:00:51 -0500, philo wrote:

Do not feed the troll

Goddamned retard. He IS the troll, and so are you, since you quoted
and re-posted his entire post, like a total ****ing idiot.
Old May 20th 09, 12:30 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
philo

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt wrote:
On Tue, 19 May 2009 14:00:51 -0500, philo wrote:

Do not feed the troll

Goddamned retard. He IS the troll, and so are you, since you quoted
and re-posted his entire post, like a total ****ing idiot.

Yes, dumb of me (sheesh)
Old May 20th 09, 12:56 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Richard Cranium

On Tue, 19 May 2009 16:26:44 -0700, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
wrote:

On Tue, 19 May 2009 14:00:51 -0500, philo wrote:

Do not feed the troll

Goddamned retard. He IS the troll, and so are you, since you quoted
and re-posted his entire post, like a total ****ing idiot.

I see you're posting here, but how about back at alt.video.dvd?
People there mis you as in why deprive a village of its idiot? We're
hoping to get your responses to our questions and watch you try to
solve the puzzle.

Please come back Archie, we miss you.
Old May 20th 09, 01:44 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computers,alt.computer
jmfbahciv

Bill Leary wrote:
"jmfbahciv" jmfbahciv@aol wrote in message
Patrick Scheible wrote:
GreenXenon writes:

Hi:

My vintage dream PC contains the most advanced motherboard [in terms
of ability to handle the highest processor speed of it's type as well
as maximum RAM capability] that contains the most amount of 16-bit ISA
slots but does not contain any PCI or other non ISA also. It does not
even have any EISA or SCSI.

Here are the other specs of my vintage dream PC

1. OSes: Windows 3.0 [not 3.0a, just 3.0] and the most advanced
version of DOS fully compatible with the other softwares/hardwares in
my vintage dream PC.

[snip]

Windows 3.0?? More like my vintage nightmare PC.

Dammit! Windows is not, I repeat, NOT an OS.

For the version under discussion, yes, this is/was pretty much true.

Today, and for some time, it actually was/is an OS.

Not really. What do you think the terms NT and Vista exist?

Note that I'm not saying a thing about whether that's good or not. Or
even if it's good or not.

Windows is the app.

/BAH

Old May 20th 09, 05:16 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computers,alt.computer
Patrick Scheible

Patrick Scheible wrote:
GreenXenon writes:

[...]

Because "Windows" by itself is too vague to trademark. (And also to
designate specific releases.)

Note that I'm not saying a thing about whether that's good or not. Or
even if it's good or not.

Windows is the app.

In Windows 3.x, 95, 98, and ME, yes. In Windows NT, XP, and Vista,
the windows interface is inseparable from any other part of the OS.
Putting the interface in the kernel is one of its design flaws.

-- Patrick
Old May 21st 09, 03:44 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computers,alt.computer
Michael A. Terrell

John Larkin wrote:

On Sun, 17 May 2009 21:15:54 -0700 (PDT), GreenXenon
wrote:

Hi:

My vintage dream PC contains the most advanced motherboard [in terms
of ability to handle the highest processor speed of it's type as well
as maximum RAM capability] that contains the most amount of 16-bit ISA
slots but does not contain any PCI or other non ISA also. It does not
even have any EISA or SCSI.

Why are you dreaming about PCs? A kid your age should be dreaming
about girls.

If he can't get a PC, what are his chances of getting a girl?

Old May 21st 09, 03:52 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computers,alt.computer
Richard Cranium

wrote:

Hi:

My vintage dream PC contains the most advanced motherboard [in terms
of ability to handle the highest processor speed of it's type as well
as maximum RAM capability] that contains the most amount of 16-bit ISA
slots but does not contain any PCI or other non ISA also. It does not
even have any EISA or SCSI.

Why are you dreaming about PCs? A kid your age should be dreaming
about girls.

If he can't get a PC, what are his chances of getting a girl?

He already has a girl. She goes everywhere with him. She's easy to
travel with 'cause he deflates her whenever they're in transit.
Old May 21st 09, 09:41 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computers,alt.computer
Michael A. Terrell

Richard Cranium wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

If he can't get a PC, what are his chances of getting a girl?

He already has a girl. She goes everywhere with him. She's easy to
travel with 'cause he deflates her whenever they're in transit.

So, 'Bud Bundy' is back? The question becomes, who over inflated his
empty head, in the first place?