computer configuration

Old September 10th 07, 10:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
kalaivanan

Default computer configuration

Hi,
I am planing to buy a computer with the configuration given below. The
main purpose is to study tecnologies like .net and oracle. Even i dont
play games. So, is this the right one or would you suggest me to
change something else.

Processor - intel dual core e2140 (1.6mhz)
Mother board - intel 945
Memory - 1GB DDR2 667 Mhz
Hard Disk - 160 GB SATA
ROM - Sony DVD RW

The total cost for these 5 components comes around 11,000 Indian
Rupees.

Thanks!

Old September 10th 07, 05:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Michael Hawes

"kalaivanan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I am planing to buy a computer with the configuration given below. The
main purpose is to study tecnologies like .net and oracle. Even i dont
play games. So, is this the right one or would you suggest me to
change something else.

Processor - intel dual core e2140 (1.6mhz)
Mother board - intel 945
Memory - 1GB DDR2 667 Mhz
Hard Disk - 160 GB SATA
ROM - Sony DVD RW

The total cost for these 5 components comes around 11,000 Indian
Rupees.

Thanks!

If you are using Vista, make it 2GB RAM

Mike.

Old September 10th 07, 07:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

kalaivanan wrote:
Hi,
I am planing to buy a computer with the configuration given below. The
main purpose is to study tecnologies like .net and oracle. Even i dont
play games. So, is this the right one or would you suggest me to
change something else.

Processor - intel dual core e2140 (1.6mhz)
Mother board - intel 945
Memory - 1GB DDR2 667 Mhz
Hard Disk - 160 GB SATA
ROM - Sony DVD RW

The total cost for these 5 components comes around 11,000 Indian
Rupees.

Thanks!

Check the "CPU Support List" for the motherboard, to make sure a E2140
works with the 945.

Paul
Old September 10th 07, 09:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Gert Elstermann

Paul schrieb:
kalaivanan wrote:
Hi,
I am planing to buy a computer with the configuration given below. The
main purpose is to study tecnologies like .net and oracle. Even i dont
play games. So, is this the right one or would you suggest me to
change something else.

Processor - intel dual core e2140 (1.6mhz)
Mother board - intel 945
Memory - 1GB DDR2 667 Mhz
Hard Disk - 160 GB SATA
ROM - Sony DVD RW

The total cost for these 5 components comes around 11,000 Indian
Rupees.

Thanks!

Check the "CPU Support List" for the motherboard, to make sure a E2140
works with the 945.

Should be Intel P965 or P35 motherboard (Gigabyte or Asus), otherwise
fine.

Roy
Old September 11th 07, 08:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
kalaivanan

On Sep 11, 1:35 am, Gert Elstermann wrote:
Paul schrieb:

kalaivanan wrote:
Hi,
I am planing to buy a computer with the configuration given below. The
main purpose is to study tecnologies like .net and oracle. Even i dont
play games. So, is this the right one or would you suggest me to
change something else.

Processor - intel dual core e2140 (1.6mhz)
Mother board - intel 945
Memory - 1GB DDR2 667 Mhz
Hard Disk - 160 GB SATA
ROM - Sony DVD RW

The total cost for these 5 components comes around 11,000 Indian
Rupees.

Thanks!

Check the "CPU Support List" for the motherboard, to make sure a E2140
works with the 945.

Should be Intel P965 or P35 motherboard (Gigabyte or Asus), otherwise
fine.

Roy- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for you valuable suggestions. Given below is the reply for your
sggestions.

1. I am not going to use vista. windows 2000 professional and linux
(ubuntu) will do for me.
2. The link given shows the list of processors that works with 945
motherboard and the list has e2140 in it.
http://support.intel.com/support/mot.../CS-026626.htm
3. Regarding Intel P965, is there any specific reason why you
suggested that motherboard. For a genuine reason and for the
affordable price i can go for it.
The 945 board cost around 2400 indian rupees.

thanks!

Old September 11th 07, 09:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Paul schrieb:

kalaivanan wrote:
[...]

User manual.
ftp://download.intel.com/design/moth...D8069901US.pdf

Supported video modes for built-in graphics. The built-in graphics
are on a VGA connector. If using an LCD monitor, check that the LCD
monitor has a VGA connector. Also check the "native" resolution
spec of the monitor. You want one of the "green" squares in
this table, to match the resolution spec of the monitor, for
clearest text.

ftp://download.intel.com/design/moth...rted_Modes.pdf

The best price I can quickly find in North America, is about $77 USD.
Times 40.5, I guess that is 3118 Rupee.

http://www.futurepowerpc.com/scripts...MBIN-D945GCCRL

There should not be a problem making a basic computer with that hardware.
If, in future, you need DVI output or S-video output, you can always
purchase a cheap PCI Express video card and install that. That will
avoid some of the limitations of the Intel video.

For the memory, you can purchase two matched sticks, for dual channel
operation. If you wish a total of 1GB of memory, buy two identical
512MB memory sticks and install them. See section 1.4.1.1 in the
D8069901US.pdf document, where it shows a matched pair of 1GB
modules being used. That is the best operating mode, and the memory
should not be significantly more expensive. If a single 1GB stick
costs $40, then two 512MB sticks should be $20 each.

Note that the built-in graphics will use some of your system memory,
to store the frame buffer. So if Windows does not report exactly
1024MB when the system is running, the remaining memory could be used
by the 945G graphics.

Paul
Old September 12th 07, 07:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Gert Elstermann

kalaivanan asked:
3. Regarding Intel P965, is there any specific reason why you
suggested that motherboard. For a genuine reason and for the
affordable price i can go for it.
The 945 board cost around 2400 indian rupees.

The P965 is state-of-the-art yesterday evening (today it's P35) - the
945 is last week;-)

You may compare the features (including CPUs supported) of the
mainboards which you take into closer consideration.

HTH - Roy