05A/05B compatible

Old September 22nd 06, 01:59 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
PulpZx

Default 05A/05B compatible

"JimBar44 via HWKB.com" u26768@uwe wrote in news:669c17d0e79f7@uwe:

I will order the same DG965whmkr and a intel 840 or 930 cpu. Should be
in next week or week after. What size fans and how many are you using?
I thought I would put in two 120mm fans. Are you using a variable
speed CPU fan? I see there is a BIOS update listed on Intel's site.
Have you installed the new bios?

Thanks

James

I am using an older Thermaltake Case Xaser All aluminum made.
It has 7 80MM fans in it with a 420 watt power supply.
I had to get a 24 pin convertor for the power supply.
I would guess the 120 fans would be ok in your case.
Soon as I got it running, I flashed to the new bios. It was easy.
The cpu runs at 100 F when everything is idel. I am using the oem intel
heat sink fan that came with it.
I plan on ordering the DDR2 800 memory next and see how it runs.
The video that is built on is better than the x300 ati video card so I
sold the video card. I am still trying to figure out how to use the ViiV
thing.
I guess I will need Windows media center edition or something, not real
sure about that. Good Luck and I hope the build goes well.

Thanks,
PulpZx