Santa Cruz installation

Old August 10th 03, 01:53 AM
mike

Default Santa Cruz installation

Hello goup,

I'm trying to install an oem santa cruz sound card, however during
install I get a small message box telling me that "file so and so"
cannot be found (there are at least a dozen files that can't be found)
on the top of the screen it says if you're asked about files that
cannot be found, browse program files/santacruz/drivers (a browse
button is in that little box that opens up in middle of the
instalation)) When I hit browse I don't find anything.
Ever encountered this when installing YOUR card? is this Santa
Cruzinstall wizard or is this WinME? Neddless to say the card does not
work.
When I do the test it says that my drivers are not working and when I
click on the "sound manager" it says unable to detect santa cruz!!
(It's really not called sound manager but I don't recall what it is
called and I have already uninstall the card!!)
Any help will be appreciated!
Thank you
Old August 10th 03, 08:02 AM
Tod

Turtle Beach sold stripped down OEM versions of the Santa Cruz to Dell.
They require drivers from Dell , not Turtle Beach.
Do you know if your Santa Cruz is a regular Santa Cruz
or the Stripped down OEM Dell version ?

om...

Old August 10th 03, 12:21 PM
mike

Thank you for the response Todd.

No, I don't know. I got the card just yesterday,went back to
newegg.com where I bought the card and the don't say anything about
stripped down or Dell!! I just looked in Dell site and could not find
anything, but I will go back and look again! The thing is I did get an
instalatioin disk with the card! I will try and see if Dell has
drivers, or maybe I should look somewhwere else for the Dell drivers?
What do you mean by stripped down? it doesn't not have functions of
the retail version? If so, I just I might just return it (I have 15
days to do so)
Thank you

Old August 10th 03, 09:17 PM
default

I bought the Santa Cruz that came in the big shiny blue box with the wave on
the front. So far I have tested it with Win98, ME, NT4, 2K, and XP. The
VXD driver works but the installer seems buggy. The optimal driver right
now for Win98SE and ME is the 4193 wdm driver (SC_4193.exe) from:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/kb_ftp/585ftp.asp

This driver installs well and works well even on Windows ME. The drivers on
the supplied cd's maybe quite old and troublesome. Probably this would be
the best driver to try.

Of since you bought an OEM edition, your support and warranty and everything
need to come from the OEM and Turtle Beach now has no obligation to you, not
even to provide a working driver. If the card was produced for a specific
OEM that specified the card to be built differently, then the retail drivers
may not work.

How much did the card cost, by the way? The retail card purchased direct
from Turtle Beach was only $79.

This is a great sound card so it is worth some effort to get it working.

Old August 11th 03, 04:36 AM
Tod

I'm going to guess that the CD that came with the Santa Cruz
is the correct driver(s) for that card.
I do not know the differences between the regular Santa Cruz
and the one sold to Dell, I just know Turtle Beach does not offer support
to the Santa Cruz's sold to Dell.
I'm going to guess that the card you bought is a regular Santa Cruz and not
one sold to Dell.
I did have the same problems with driver installion years ago (with my
Win98SE computer).
Try removing any sound card files and then reload the Santa Cruz drivers.

"mike" wrote in message
om...
Thank you for the response Todd.

No, I don't know. I got the card just yesterday,went back to
newegg.com where I bought the card and the don't say anything about
stripped down or Dell!! I just looked in Dell site and could not find
anything, but I will go back and look again! The thing is I did get an
instalatioin disk with the card! I will try and see if Dell has
drivers, or maybe I should look somewhwere else for the Dell drivers?
What do you mean by stripped down? it doesn't not have functions of
the retail version? If so, I just I might just return it (I have 15
days to do so)
Thank you

. net...

Old August 11th 03, 03:43 PM
mike

Thank you default and Tod

I finally got it to instal properly. I was not waiting till the end of
the files transfer to browse for the files in the card files!!And I
did use the disk that came with the card for the installation.
Unfortunately I lost the use of the headphone jack on the front of my
computer!!
I also had to really crank up the volune to get a decent output volume
from the card,Is this normal? It's really not important except if
it'll have an effect on recording which is what I bought the card for.
D, I got the card from newegg.com for $39.99.
Thank you both
mike