RMA horror at Aria technology

Old July 3rd 03, 08:24 AM
Steve

Default RMA horror at Aria technology

| Email me your RMA number so I can find out exactly what happened here.
|
| Regards,
|
| Robin Martin
| Marketing Co-ordinator

Funny old game isn't it?

Old July 3rd 03, 11:18 AM
Jamie

palco wrote:

I was naive to buy an Abit mobo and an AMD cpu from this bunch,upon
installation by a competent person computer would not boot up so i
phoned technical support who told me to return the pair for testing.I
did this at a cost of over eighteen pounds to myself.

Just out of interest why on earth did it cost £18 to return a
motherboard and cpu?

Old July 3rd 03, 06:31 PM
palco

Jamie wrote in message ...
palco wrote:

I was naive to buy an Abit mobo and an AMD cpu from this bunch,upon
installation by a competent person computer would not boot up so i
phoned technical support who told me to return the pair for testing.I
did this at a cost of over eighteen pounds to myself.

Just out of interest why on earth did it cost £18 to return a
motherboard and cpu?

I packed the parcel with a lot of foam to absorb shock in transit and
used a sturdy box to send the items by special delivery which bumped
the price of postage up,with ordinary recorded delivery the price
would have been eleven pounds,i was trying to guard against damage in
the post.
That was really why i was disbelieving when the third person i spoke
to at aria told me that the cpu was damaged as everything was done
correctly during the assembly.
I'm not one who would normally complain but the sequence of events
did not seem right to me,one minute my cpu was alright and in the next
it arrived "damaged".

Paul..
i didnt use their website to track the RMA because i thought it
was better talking to somebody as you get the live version of events
that way
Anyway i intend to steer clear of internet computer components
retailers until i come across a really decent one,the aggravation and
duplicity is simply not worth it.
Old July 3rd 03, 06:46 PM
nigel. carron

In message , Jamie
writes
Just out of interest why on earth did it cost £18 to return a
motherboard and cpu?

TBH anyone daft enough to pay Special delivery for something greater
than 2kg when other cheaper fully insured options exist may not be
competent enough to build a PC??

--
njc AKA (Paypal & nochex e-mail)
Old July 3rd 03, 07:00 PM
nigel. carron

In message , palco
writes
i didnt use their website to track the RMA because i thought it was
better talking to somebody as you get the live version of events that
way Anyway i intend to steer clear of internet computer components
retailers until i come across a really decent one,the aggravation and
duplicity is simply not worth it.

Maybe wise - if you send stuff and pay three times the sensible rate..

Aria aren't perfect - no Internet company ever will be.. But for all we
know you could be incompetent ? If the number of people I meet locally
who attempt to build a PC and mess it up is multiplied on a national
scale then the PC bits sellers these days must get a LOT of numpties
wrecking stuff and then expecting the supplier to carry the can. You of
course maybe competent and everything you have said is true (I can
accept that ?). I currently deal mainly with Aria as prices are good and
delivery is brilliant. I use Ebuyer sometimes but their courier seems to
think the N E of Scotland is next to the North Pole and won't deliver
next day

PC world may suit yourself - any problems and you can return the goods
instantly and have the benefit of a PC expert when you need advice?

--
njc AKA (Paypal & nochex e-mail)
Old July 3rd 03, 07:32 PM
Tx2

In ,
nigel. carron typed:

I currently deal mainly with Aria as
prices are good and delivery is brilliant.

The prices are quite a bit more than CCL
I saved over £60 on like for like components by ordering from CCL today.

Delivery from Aria, in my experience, was crap.
So much so that i complained and was offered free delivery on my next couple
of orders.

I never took the offer up as i prefer CCL's prices.

The only issue i have, is that very few online vendors offer next day
delivery pre 10, except Novatech.
Unfortunately, Novatech have chosen to ignore 2 complaints i've made, so
they are also off the list for the time being.
I run a business from home, and it's a pain having to stay in and wait for
goods to arrive on an as and when basis.

PC world may suit yourself - any problems and you can return the goods
instantly and have the benefit of a PC expert when you need advice?

Are you drunk?

Old July 4th 03, 12:04 AM
palco

"nigel. carron" wrote in message ...
In message , Jamie
writes
Just out of interest why on earth did it cost £18 to return a
motherboard and cpu?

TBH anyone daft enough to pay Special delivery for something greater
than 2kg when other cheaper fully insured options exist may not be
competent enough to build a PC??

Well..I did phone customer service at Aria and was told the best thing
to do was to send it by special delivery and it would cost about ten
pounds,when i found out it would cost more i decided to shoulder the
extra cost myself,the computer was not built by me but by somebody who
knew what he was doing,he was also overseen by somebody who repairs
and build computers for a living,anyway his own computer booted up
after assembly mine just didn't,he immediately blamed the motherboard.
Old July 4th 03, 12:38 AM
palco

[...]

I really would not expect the supplier to carry the can if the user
botch things up,no business would stay solvent for long if that is the
state of things and moreover it is unfair on the supplier,what i
object to is being told on two occassions that the cpu works and then
being told by a different person on the third day that it does
not.There was no consistency in that.The person who assembled the unit
believe there was no damage done to the cpu.The fact that the
motherboard is a dud is not in dispute.
Old July 4th 03, 02:34 AM
Rob Martin

I really would not expect the supplier to carry the can if the user
botch things up,no business would stay solvent for long if that is the
state of things and moreover it is unfair on the supplier,what i
object to is being told on two occassions that the cpu works and then
being told by a different person on the third day that it does
not.There was no consistency in that.The person who assembled the unit
believe there was no damage done to the cpu.The fact that the
motherboard is a dud is not in dispute.

I have seen the CPU and discussed the matter with the Technical Manager.

I will be emailing you on Friday.

Regards,

Robin Martin
Marketing Co-ordinator
Aria Technology Ltd.
Imex Business Park
Hamilton Road
Manchester
M13 0PD
http://www.aria.co.uk

Old July 4th 03, 07:46 AM
Bob Eager

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 01:34:47 UTC, "Rob Martin" wrote:

I have seen the CPU and discussed the matter with the Technical Manager.

I will be emailing you on Friday.

I hope the OP lets us know how Aria handle this. The abive strikes me as
vaguely unpromising....!

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..