ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage

Old June 19th 06, 09:31 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Default ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage

if someone has bricked his vgear or bytecc landisk with a bad
firmware. contact me, i can help.
if you got a bricked argosy, tritton, fujitsu etc. nas, i might be
able to help as well, but i'm not 100% shure.
best regards
Quest

Old June 21st 06, 10:22 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

In Quest typed:
if someone has bricked his vgear or bytecc landisk with a bad
firmware. contact me, i can help.

Hi Quest,
Advertisements are NOT welcome.
Horst
Old July 25th 06, 04:43 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Quest

Horst Frankewrote:

Advertisements are NOT welcome.
Horst

i'm not shure if your dumb or something else, but i'm not advertising
anything, i'm offering help at no cost.

best regards
Quest

Old July 27th 06, 04:03 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
anonymous_user

I have a Tritton nss001. I can not connect to it. I have tried
connecting it directly to a mac and to windows xp. I have tried
connecting it to the switch built into my router and then accessing
it from a mac and win xp. No luck with any of this. If I attach it
to the switch built into my router and then reset the device, I see
the ip address 192.168.1.113 is reserved for 60 seconds. Of course I
can not ping the address and after 60 seconds it disappers from my
dhcp clients table and nothing else shows up. I tried the default ip
address of 169.254.0.1 provided in the documentation and also a few
other ip addresses that I found in this forum. Does anyone have any
ideas on what else to try? I am very close to putting this thing in
the garbage.

Old July 28th 06, 04:01 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
home_user

I have the INOI NDD version with firmware 04-0317, and this is what I
did to connect just yesterday. First, connect directly to your PC's
ethernet port. Be sure to turn off any firewalls, antispyware, or
antivirus applications. Then, change the TCP/IP properties to
disable DHCP on the PC's ethernet adapter. Assign a static IP in the
same subnet as the HD363N, such as 169.254.0.2, open a command window
and try pinging 169.254.0.1. If you don't get a reply, reset the NAS
by holding in the power switch for 30 seconds, until the LED stops
flashing. After I did this, I was able to login to http://storage/
and setup the NAS, format the hard drive, and view the drive in
windows explorer. Next step for me is to connect to my
router/switch, and configure it to allow access to the HD363N. Then,
I have to configure my firewall and other applications to allow
access. Good luck!

Old July 28th 06, 03:55 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Quest

if the instruction from home_user should not bring you success, you
might want to youse a network security analysing tool like cain, to
search for your device.
best regards
Quest

Old July 30th 06, 02:11 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Horst Franke

In Quest typed:
Advertisements are NOT welcome.

i'm not shure if your dumb or something else, but i'm not advertising
anything, i'm offering help at no cost.

Ok and then You post things like

referencing "gain" without any further link ;-(
What type of help should this be?
No one would be able to use it without references/links!
Horst
Old July 31st 06, 03:18 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Quest

@horst
how about a flash dumb of the bios chip and detailed instructions on
how to reflash the chip using a computer mainboard :-P

Quest

Old August 1st 06, 02:20 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Horst Franke

In Quest typed:
how about a flash dumb of the bios chip and detailed instructions on
how to reflash the chip using a computer mainboard :-P

Hi quest, don't understand.
Any BIOS provider I know provides flash update instructions.
And most of the time these will also be presented via
the mainboard homepages.
Horst
Old August 6th 06, 07:52 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
agfa

anonymous_user wrote:
I have a Tritton nss001. I can not connect to it.

Here is what I did after corupting my Storagebird Lan (=Tritton NSS001 =
ArgoSy HD363N):
connect it direcly to a PC with fixed IP e.g. 169.254.0.2 (and Subnet 255.255.
0.0)
Try to Ping to 169.254.0.1 (i.e. the NAS). At least this should work. Then I
did a portscan, found an open UDP port and tried a "TFP -i 169.254.0.1 PUT
firmware.bin". After waiting a minute or so, I powercycled the NAS and the
web user Interface was accessible again.
agfa