ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage

Old February 6th 06, 03:30 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Default ARGOSY - HD363N - Network Storage

I've got this drive with a 200GB Samsung. However, I had to unplug it
this afternoon to move some things around, when I plugged it in, I
couldn't connect to any of the folders. When I went to
http://storage, it gave the drive status of: DRIVE NOT FOUND I tried
swaping the drive out for another, but it can't find that one either.
Meanwhile, when I plug the 200GB drive directly to the computer, the
drive works just fine. But the enclosure can't find any drive in it
as of this afternoon.

Anyone got any ideas?

Old February 12th 06, 12:30 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

i've been using the V-Gear Landisk with firmware 024 an that firmware
realy is an improvment over the last one.
besides it's the first firmware that works well with my linux setop
box.
if your still using a firmware from tritton or argosy, i would give
the Landisk 024 a try.

Quest

Old February 13th 06, 01:31 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Questwrote:
i've been using the V-Gear Landisk with firmware 024 an that firmware
realy is an improvment over the last one.
besides it's the first firmware that works well with my linux setop

box.
if your still using a firmware from tritton or argosy, i would give

the Landisk 024 a try.

Quest

Will that firmware work on Argosy/Tritton NAS? I believe fixuser
destroyed his using a Vgear firmware.

Old February 17th 06, 12:31 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

i just searched the thru the complete topic, and found out your
right.
he realy wrote that he briked an argosy HD363N with the landisk v0.19
firmware.
i don't if that was just a bad flash or if the firmware was the
problem, i firmwares from tried tritton and the argosy in my landisk
and they always worked.
if you don't want to try, maybe you should write the guys that sell
your lan and ask for a fixed firmware.
best regards
Quest

Old February 18th 06, 06:30 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Questwrote:
i just searched the thru the complete topic, and found out your
right.
he realy wrote that he briked an argosy HD363N with the landisk

v0.19 firmware.
i don't if that was just a bad flash or if the firmware was the

problem, i firmwares from tried tritton and the argosy in my landisk
and they always worked.
if you don't want to try, maybe you should write the guys that sell

your lan and ask for a fixed firmware.
best regards
Quest

That's okay. Current firmware with today's build of XBMC is near
perfect and that's what I use it for.

Old February 23rd 06, 12:31 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Ok, have a problem using FTP hoping someone here can help me out. I
have not been able to get the FTP to connect from a remote connection
using any other port other than port 21. I've set the port on the HDD
and also forwarded the appropriate ports on my router. I'm able to
get to it via FTP through the outside IP sitting on my couch but not
from work or any one else. Is there a setting I'm missing or a
specific port I need to use other than 21 or can i only use port 21?
The goal will be to eventually run 2 of these drives on my network
each on a separate port...any help would be much appreciated.

Old February 23rd 06, 04:49 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

"BigCity2" wrote in message
Ok, have a problem using FTP hoping someone here can help me out. I
have not been able to get the FTP to connect from a remote connection
using any other port other than port 21. I've set the port on the HDD
and also forwarded the appropriate ports on my router. I'm able to
get to it via FTP through the outside IP sitting on my couch but not
from work or any one else. Is there a setting I'm missing or a
specific port I need to use other than 21 or can i only use port 21?
The goal will be to eventually run 2 of these drives on my network
each on a separate port...any help would be much appreciated.

What port did you enable on your router?
Learn how FTP works.
Check firewall log on your router.
Make appropriate firewall adjustments since you cannot adjust FTP settings
on your ARGOSY box.

Old February 24th 06, 12:31 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

I had tried 2-3 different ports 8004, 1150, 1250...all with the same
result it connects but just doesn't display the folders. Is there a
better port selection higher in the range, I have the firewall open
on the router (Linkysys) so there shouldn't be any problems or
interference there and like I said when I switch back to the standard
port 21 it works.

Old February 24th 06, 05:06 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

I had tried 2-3 different ports 8004, 1150, 1250...all with the same
result it connects but just doesn't display the folders. Is there a
better port selection higher in the range, I have the firewall open
on the router (Linkysys) so there shouldn't be any problems or
interference there and like I said when I switch back to the standard
port 21 it works.

Did you look in a firewall log on your router?

Old February 26th 06, 09:31 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

argosy taiwan released a new firmware on 2006-02-23:
http://www.argosy.com.tw/mana_php/pr...DD006-1216.bin

if it's as good as the landisk firmware, most users won't have a
reason to complain anymore :-)
best regards
Quest