Onstream ADR50 tape backup drivers anyone?

Old June 2nd 16, 11:15 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
[email protected]

Default Onstream ADR50 tape backup drivers anyone?

I have some archives on ADR50 tapes that I need to access. The company went out of business years ago and I have lost my Windows 2000 drivers. I have the necessary scsi ADR 50 tape deck, but need the drivers. I can't find them online. Anyone have a good copy I could get my mitts on?

Curt
Old June 3rd 16, 01:34 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
[email protected]

On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 5:52:35 PM UTC-5, Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
curt lankford wrote:
I have some archives on ADR50 tapes that I need to access.
The company went out of business years ago and I have lost
my Windows 2000 drivers. I have the necessary scsi ADR 50
tape deck, but need the drivers. I can't find them online.
Anyone have a good copy I could get my mitts on?

This webpage suggests that the drive works with the standard
Linux "st" tape drive driver:
http://osst.sourceforge.net/product_table.html

Maybe boot to a live Linux distro?

--
__ __
#_ |\| | _#

I may just have to do that, if I can't come up with a workable Windoze driver!
Old June 4th 16, 01:27 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Computer Nerd Kev

curt lankford wrote:
I have some archives on ADR50 tapes that I need to access.
The company went out of business years ago and I have lost
my Windows 2000 drivers. I have the necessary scsi ADR 50
tape deck, but need the drivers. I can't find them online.
Anyone have a good copy I could get my mitts on?

This webpage suggests that the drive works with the standard
Linux "st" tape drive driver:
http://osst.sourceforge.net/product_table.html

Maybe boot to a live Linux distro?

I may just have to do that, if I can't come up with a
workable Windoze driver!

I found this compatibility list on the archive.org copy of the
OnStream website:
http://web.archive.org/web/200103081...are/index.html

Unfortunately the form required to access the free software
downloads means the OnStream software wasn't archived, but
some of the other software may be available.

In particular, I downloaded and installed (on this PC in fact,
although I'm booted to Linux right now) a version of TapeWare
some years ago. I might be able to find the installation package,
though it should still be online somewhere (a web search for
"TapeWare 6.2 download" shows some promise, but I'll leave you
to look through the results).

--
__ __