Can't have both encrypted Mac's HFS+ & MS W7 EE SP1's BitLocker NTFS?

Old December 25th 15, 07:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.windows7.general
Ant

Default Can't have both encrypted Mac's HFS+ & MS W7 EE SP1's BitLocker NTFS?

Hi.

I'm having problems with my 2 MS partitions in my external USB 2 TB WD
Green HDD. I wanted to have 2 encrypted partitions (W7 EE SP1's
BitLocker NTFS and HFS[Time Machine and manual Mac files]) and an
unencrypted FAT (tried both FAT32 and exFAT). I had no problems
(mak/creat)ing them.

The problem is that Mac OS X v10.10.5 (Yosemite) thinks I have 2 FAT
drives (only 1 should exist while other is NTFS (assuming cannot be read
due to its BitLocker encryption which is fine to me)). If I connect it
to a W7 laptop/notebook, then only FAT can be seen.

I tried reformatting the encrypted BitLocker NTFS to unencrypted FAT in
Mac OS X's Disk Utility which can be seen in Mac, but W7 does't see it.
I tried letting W7's Disk Management make this unallocated partition to
a new simple volume (NTFS or exFAT -- tried both), but it said "The
operation you selected will convert the selected basic disk(s) to
dynamic disk(s). If you convert the disk(s) to dynamic, you will not be
able to stat installed operating systems from any volume on the disk(s)
(except the current boot volume). Are you sure you want to continue?" I
tried Yes and its Virtual Disk Manager said "The operation is not
supported by the object."

I tried deleting all partitions and told Mac OS X's Disk Utility to
recreate the 3 partitions (unencrypted HFS+ & 2 MS FAT partitions) from
scratch. Everything was fine when I checked between machines. I told W7
to format a FAT partition into NTFS with BitLocker encryption. After it
was done, I rechecked with Mac OS X. Partitions were fine (yes, I know
Mac can't read BitLocker encryptions so that partition stays hidden). I
told Mac OS X to do a very long encrypted Time Machine backup and
manually copy some files into this encrypted HFS+ partition for hours.
After that, I went back to W7 and it can't see my BitLocker partition
(unallocated)!

http://i.imgur.com/tJ5wWz6.gif and http://i.imgur.com/KBwAEct.gif and
for my 2 screen (shot/capture)s from both machine with the same external
USB HDD connected.

What's going on? Does having 2 different encrypted partitions not work
with each other? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance.
--
Merry Christmas/Season's Greetings/ Holidays & May The Force Be With U!
| |o o| |
Old December 25th 15, 08:39 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.windows7.general
Jolly Roger[_3_]

Ant wrote:
Hi.

I'm having problems with my 2 MS partitions in my external USB 2 TB WD
Green HDD.

Why bother with that rather than simply running Windows in a virtual
machine with an associated virtual drive in the OS X file system?

JR
Old December 25th 15, 05:47 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.windows7.general
Ant

I'm having problems with my 2 MS partitions in my external USB 2 TB WD
Green HDD.

Why bother with that rather than simply running Windows in a virtual
machine with an associated virtual drive in the OS X file system?

Because I want to share the drive between multiple physical machines.
Old December 25th 15, 05:51 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.windows7.general
Jolly Roger[_3_]

Ant wrote:
I'm having problems with my 2 MS partitions in my external USB 2 TB WD
Green HDD.

Why bother with that rather than simply running Windows in a virtual
machine with an associated virtual drive in the OS X file system?

Because I want to share the drive between multiple physical machines.

Have fun with that. A virtual machine is far better for my needs.

JR
Old December 25th 15, 06:06 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.windows7.general
Alan Browne

On 2015-12-25 11:47, Ant wrote:
I'm having problems with my 2 MS partitions in my external USB 2 TB WD
Green HDD.

Why bother with that rather than simply running Windows in a virtual
machine with an associated virtual drive in the OS X file system?

Because I want to share the drive between multiple physical machines.

You should leave attribution in posts.

--
"But I am somehow extraordinarily lucky, for a guy with ****ty luck."
..Harrison Ford, Rolling Stone - 2015-12-02
Old December 25th 15, 06:42 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.windows7.general
Ant

Old December 25th 15, 07:00 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.windows7.general
Alan Browne

On 2015-12-25 11:47, Ant wrote:
I'm having problems with my 2 MS partitions in my external USB 2 TB WD
Green HDD.

Why bother with that rather than simply running Windows in a virtual
machine with an associated virtual drive in the OS X file system?

Because I want to share the drive between multiple physical machines.

You should leave attribution in posts.

Eh?

When you reply to a post, whatever content you leave from previous
posters should be identifiable to who wrote it. You tend to cut out who
wrote what making it a pain in some cases to go read more of what that
poster wrote.

Your prior reply to Paul, for example quotes what he said - but not who
said it.

Old December 25th 15, 07:13 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.windows7.general
Ant[_3_]

On 2015-12-25 11:47, Ant wrote:
I'm having problems with my 2 MS partitions in my external USB 2
TB WD
Green HDD.

Why bother with that rather than simply running Windows in a virtual
machine with an associated virtual drive in the OS X file system?

Because I want to share the drive between multiple physical machines.

You should leave attribution in posts.

Eh?

When you reply to a post, whatever content you leave from previous
posters should be identifiable to who wrote it. You tend to cut out who
wrote what making it a pain in some cases to go read more of what that
poster wrote.

Your prior reply to Paul, for example quotes what he said - but not who
said it.

Ah OK. Sorry. I was trying to clean thing up. Don't you have threading
to show them?
--
Merry Christmas/Season's Greetings/ Holidays & May The Force Be With U!
this signature correctly.
Old December 25th 15, 07:17 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.windows7.general
Alan Browne

wrote:
On 2015-12-25 11:47, Ant wrote:
[...]

Easier to just read the name in context.

Old December 25th 15, 07:22 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.system,alt.windows7.general
Ant[_3_]

wrote:
You should leave attribution in posts.

Eh?

When you reply to a post, whatever content you leave from previous
posters should be identifiable to who wrote it. You tend to cut out who
wrote what making it a pain in some cases to go read more of what that
poster wrote.

Your prior reply to Paul, for example quotes what he said - but not who
said it.

Ah OK. Sorry. I was trying to clean thing up. Don't you have threading
to show them?

Easier to just read the name in context.

OK.
--
Merry Christmas/Season's Greetings/ Holidays & May The Force Be With U!
this signature correctly.
| |o o| |
( ) Chop ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.

totaly remove bitlocker from usb drive Desmond[_3_] Homebuilt PC's 2 July 21st 14 10:50 AM
Encrypted HD? Ron Hardin Dell Computers 3 September 14th 12 08:45 PM
A8N-E and Vista BitLocker Iacobus Asus Motherboards 0 March 11th 07 03:26 AM
Vista Bitlocker Mike Asus Motherboards 2 February 15th 07 01:53 PM
Can Ghost create NTFS partitions on the fly while restoring NTFS images? Jack Storage (alternative) 8 November 9th 04 12:06 AM