Best value, reasonably fast 32 GB solid state hard drive?

Old April 2nd 09, 02:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
John Doe

Default Best value, reasonably fast 32 GB solid state hard drive?

(Crossposted, feel free to trim group)

Which Solid State Drive SSD is faster for normal desktop Windows use
as the primary drive? Or am I missing a better value for the same
speed?

OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30G 2.5" 30GB (apparently MLC)

SAMSUNG MCBQE32G8MPP-0VA00 1.8" 32GB SLC

Apparently the Samsung drive requires a connector adapter to fit a PC.

Thanks.

--
Personally... The size of 30/32 GB is plenty for me, and mounting the
small drive inside of my PC case is no problem.
Old April 3rd 09, 03:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Juarez[_2_]

"John Doe" wrote in message
(Crossposted, feel free to trim group)

Which Solid State Drive SSD is faster for normal desktop Windows use
as the primary drive? Or am I missing a better value for the same
speed?

OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30G 2.5" 30GB (apparently MLC)

SAMSUNG MCBQE32G8MPP-0VA00 1.8" 32GB SLC

Apparently the Samsung drive requires a connector adapter to fit a PC.

Thanks.

Don't know which is best but you can get this one that is 64GB for only
about ten bucks more.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...GB%20SATA%20II

Old April 3rd 09, 06:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
John Doe

"Juarez" wrote:

"John Doe" wrote

Which Solid State Drive SSD is faster for normal desktop Windows
use as the primary drive? Or am I missing a better value for the
same speed?

OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30G 2.5" 30GB (apparently MLC)

SAMSUNG MCBQE32G8MPP-0VA00 1.8" 32GB SLC

Apparently the Samsung drive requires a connector adapter to fit
a PC.

Don't know which is best but you can get this one that is 64GB for
only about ten bucks more.

If you want performance, I would be wary. Arrange reviews by
Purchasers and Lowest Rating, then look for "lag" or other speed
issues. Definitely do not depend on the highest ratings for these
things.

Also, if it matters to you, obviously they are leaving us out of the
loop. Personally, I believe democracies need to manufacture their
own goods, unless natural resources dictate otherwise. Their public
contact people should at least speak the language(s) of the consumers.

Old April 3rd 09, 10:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

John Doe wrote:
"Juarez" wrote:

"John Doe" wrote

Which Solid State Drive SSD is faster for normal desktop Windows
use as the primary drive? Or am I missing a better value for the
same speed?

OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30G 2.5" 30GB (apparently MLC)

SAMSUNG MCBQE32G8MPP-0VA00 1.8" 32GB SLC

Apparently the Samsung drive requires a connector adapter to fit
a PC.

Don't know which is best but you can get this one that is 64GB for
only about ten bucks more.

If you want performance, I would be wary. Arrange reviews by
Purchasers and Lowest Rating, then look for "lag" or other speed
issues. Definitely do not depend on the highest ratings for these things.

Also, if it matters to you, obviously they are leaving us out of the loop.

Personally, I believe democracies need to manufacture their
own goods, unless natural resources dictate otherwise.

More fool you.

Their public contact people should at least speak the language(s) of the consumers.

Too radical.

Old April 3rd 09, 12:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
John Doe

"Rod Speed" wrote:
John Doe wrote:
"Juarez" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote

[...]

Says a pathologically insulting nym-shifting troll.
Old April 3rd 09, 06:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Eric Gisin

Yes, lets go back to the 60s when every country made their own TVs,
which you could buy for over $1000 in todays dollar.
Or the 80s, when locally made computers only cost $2000-5000.

Old April 3rd 09, 07:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

John Doe wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote:
John Doe wrote:
"John Doe" wrote

Says some gutless ****wit that hasnt even got the balls to use its real name.

Old April 3rd 09, 09:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
John Doe

Like way back when you cared if your neighbor had a job? Like when
it mattered whether our workers in democracies were competing with
slave labor in communist countries? Maybe there never was such a
time, for you, Eric.

Dog eat dog, might makes right, no holds barred, zero regulation,
and no referees... those policies got us into this current mess.
Without access to our markets, communist leaders would eat dirt
until they changed their ways. Our leaders should band together and
use that leverage (we have done that before) instead of just seeing
who can get the most for the least.

You are gravely mistaken, Eric. When you go to the store and need to
save a few pennies, you should (if you are not totally blinded by
greed) consider the neighbor you are putting out of a job and how
you are helping to destroy our manufacturing capabilities. If our
leaders will not help us do it, we can do it in spite of them (if we
can at least get them to tell us where products are made).

People need to eat, but do you really think your money goes to those
faceless workers in China? That is just greedily fanciful thinking.
You will never see those workers or even chat with them on the
Internet.

"Eric Gisin" gisin uniserve.com wrote:

Yes, lets go back to the 60s when every country made their own TVs,
which you could buy for over $1000 in todays dollar.
Or the 80s, when locally made computers only cost $2000-5000.

"John Doe" jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote

Old April 3rd 09, 11:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

**** all work in manufacturing in the first world, fool.

Like when it mattered whether our workers in democracies
were competing with slave labor in communist countries?

They never did, ****wit.

Maybe there never was such a time, for you, Eric.

Never such a time of most of us, gutless.

Dog eat dog, might makes right, no holds barred, zero regulation,

There is never zero regulation, even in HongKong before it was handed back to china, fool.

and no referees...

There is never no referees, even in HongKong before it was handed back to china, fool.

those policies got us into this current mess.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have
never ever had a ****ing clue about anything at all, ever.

Without access to our markets, communist leaders
would eat dirt until they changed their ways.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed pig ignorant fantasys, child.

Our leaders should band together and use that leverage

China has the leverage now, child. Have a look who is buying US treasurys sometime, child.

(we have done that before)

Like in Vietnam you mean ?

instead of just seeing who can get the most for the least.

You're always welcome to **** your money against the wall, child.

You are gravely mistaken, Eric.

Nope, you are, as always, gutless.

When you go to the store and need to save a few pennies,

I save a hell of a lot more than a few pennys, child.

you should (if you are not totally blinded by greed)
consider the neighbor you are putting out of a job

**** all work in manufacturing in the first world, fool.

and how you are helping to destroy our manufacturing capabilities.

**** all work in manufacturing in the first world, fool.

If our leaders will not help us do it, we can do it in spite of them

Nope, no one is stupid enough to manufacture most stuff in the west anymore.

Including the PC you are currently using, child.

(if we can at least get them to tell us where products are made).

Dont need to bother, they aint made in the US anymore, child.

People need to eat,

And they kept doing that even when almost all of the cheaper stuff was made in china, child.

but do you really think your money goes to those faceless workers
in China? That is just greedily fanciful thinking. You will never see
those workers or even chat with them on the Internet.

You wont do that with anyone 'working' in manufacturing in the US either, child.

Old April 4th 09, 12:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
John Doe

Looks like I hit the nym-shifting pathologically insulting troll's
switch dead center.

From: "Rod Speed" rod.speed.aaa gmail.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 09:22:49 +1100

John Doe wrote:

[...]

Solid state hard disks Man-wai Chang ToDie Storage (alternative) 2 February 10th 08 03:39 PM
How fast is boot time with the solid-state disk? notaguru Dell Computers 7 January 13th 08 11:51 PM
Would a solid state hard drive X54 be useful in this e1405? Ike[_2_] Dell Computers 1 December 18th 07 06:38 AM
Solid state hard drive GT General 12 February 7th 07 11:05 AM
Solid state hard-drives Lord0 Homebuilt PC's 9 February 6th 07 08:12 PM