Cloning Encrypted C: Drive? (Kind of an OT questtion)

Old February 28th 16, 05:24 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.pcnews, alt.comp.os.windows-xp,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage, alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Cornelis Tromp

Default Cloning Encrypted C: Drive? (Kind of an OT questtion)

In article
Anonymous wrote:

Nathan Hale:
I have my C: drive encrypted with True Crypt. If I make a clone of
this drive, will the clone, when substituted for the present C: work
the same as the original C: containing True Crypt, or will I have
to remove the TC encryption before cloning?

I lost my Windows install disks (XP) and want to make sure I will be
able to keep using XP. I don't need anymore problems with the newer
stuff created by The Bandits Of Redmond.

The clone of the TrueCrypted drive should work. Just be sure that you back up the MBR also. Also, backing up the bios is a good idea.

Do you think some clod using XP could backup the BIOS? Besides, saying
"it should work" was not informative in the least. Whether it works
depends on the cloning process, which program and the disk to which it
was cloned. You did not do him any favor with that answer, and you
actually did him an injustice by pretending to have an informed opinion
and making him ignorantly confident. It really would have been better to
just keep your mouth shut.

Thank you for your highly technical and informative
contribution. This thread could not have survived without it.