trouble with Jettec Epson cartridge refill kit- help!

Old January 17th 05, 06:04 PM
Larry Samwells

Default trouble with Jettec Epson cartridge refill kit- help!

I recently purchased the Jettec refill kit for Epson cartridges. Yesterday,
my Epson 580 ran low on ink and I refilled all four cartridges by following
the Jettec instructions exactly. The cartridges were then reinstalled and
there has been no print ever since! I know it's not clogging because if I
replace one of the refilled cartridges with an Epson, print is restored.
What's going on? This ink is supposed to be guaranteed to work with my
model of Epson printer. I've had this happen twice now; when I refilled
before, I was eventually able to restore print just at random. I have tried
running the cleaning cycles, but that doesn't do a thing.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Larry

Old January 17th 05, 06:55 PM
Clark

The cartridges are tracked by onboard software and/or a built in chip. If
they show empty, the software locks them out. To get them to work, you have
to reset the software/chip. Do a search on the net and see if you can find
software that will allow you to do this.

Clark

Old January 17th 05, 08:25 PM
kony

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:55:19 GMT, "Clark"
wrote:

The cartridges are tracked by onboard software and/or a built in chip. If
they show empty, the software locks them out. To get them to work, you have
to reset the software/chip. Do a search on the net and see if you can find
software that will allow you to do this.

Clark

I vaguely recall reading that the Epsons only remember two
cartridges, that is, one can't be refilled and returned to
use until after another 2 have been swapped in to clear out
the entry for the former cartridges.

Bascially this would mean anyone owning the printer would
need buy two cartridges in addition to the original shipping
with the printer, then refill & reuse by this 3 cartridge
rotation method. Is this true, anyone?
Old January 17th 05, 10:30 PM
Larry Samwells

"Clark" wrote in message
m...
The cartridges are tracked by onboard software and/or a built in chip. If
they show empty, the software locks them out. To get them to work, you

have
to reset the software/chip. Do a search on the net and see if you can

find
software that will allow you to do this.

Clark

Thanks, but I checked that out before coming here. This printer uses the
TO13/14 cartridges so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a chip
resetter for these.

Larry

Old January 18th 05, 03:17 AM
Clark

http://www.epsonchipresetter.com/

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

I think the bottom is the one I used, but they are listed by printer model.

Clark

Old January 18th 05, 05:20 AM
Larry Samwells

"Clark" wrote in message
. com...
http://www.epsonchipresetter.com/

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

I think the bottom is the one I used, but they are listed by printer

model.

Clark

I tried the software solution and still no change. As to the chip resetter,
both this model and cartridges are NOT listed so I'm guessing that the
cartridges don't have a chip.

I don't know what else could be wrong.

Larry

Old January 18th 05, 06:54 AM
CBFalconer

Larry Samwells wrote:

.... snip ...

I tried the software solution and still no change. As to the chip
resetter, both this model and cartridges are NOT listed so I'm
guessing that the cartridges don't have a chip.

I don't know what else could be wrong.

1. You bought an Epson. They were topnotch in the days of the
RX80, but no more.

2. You failed to buy a laser printer.

The name of the inkjet game is to make you buy overpriced
cartridges at ever decreasing intervals. This is not correlated
with the amount of ink used.