data corruption on a7v333

Old July 28th 04, 09:48 PM
siebo

Default data corruption on a7v333

Hi,
i have a problem with copying large files between my harddrives.
If i copy big files , like iso then the files get corrupted. CRC errors, i
checked with sfv file.
when i copy them from cd or dvd or download them, everything is fine.

hardware config

amd athlon xp 2500
2 x 512 mb pc 2700 ram
harddisks 1 x 60 gb , 1 x 100 gb on ide controller motherboard
1 x 160 gb on promise ultra ata 133 controller
OS windows xp

i listed the most important hardware parts.

Old July 29th 04, 02:55 AM
tomcas

siebo wrote:

Hi,
i have a problem with copying large files between my harddrives.
If i copy big files , like iso then the files get corrupted. CRC errors, i
checked with sfv file.
when i copy them from cd or dvd or download them, everything is fine.

hardware config

amd athlon xp 2500
2 x 512 mb pc 2700 ram
harddisks 1 x 60 gb , 1 x 100 gb on ide controller motherboard
1 x 160 gb on promise ultra ata 133 controller
OS windows xp

i listed the most important hardware parts.

Like the gnome says, run a diagnostics on the hard drives, preferably
one from the manufacturer of the hard drive, and preferably a utility
you can boot from like a floppy or CD.