nvidia System Utility not showing the temperature/voltage graphs!

Old June 13th 04, 12:16 AM
Alex Hunsley

Default nvidia System Utility not showing the temperature/voltage graphs!

I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe mainboard. I have just downloaded the nForce
System Utility software (version 1.08.5) as I want to monitor the
temperature of the chips on my system. However, once I launch the
program, the graphs of temperature etc are missing! I can see from
webpage screenshots that they should be there. The button at the bottom
right of the dialog, for detaching the graphs, does nothing. Any ideas
anyone?

thanks
alex
Old June 13th 04, 09:04 AM
Nero

1. It's not meant for that board
2.Most things in it will not work with that board.
If you read what it said you would see what boards it is meant for and that
it was never meant for that board.
IF it was then they would say so.
I see no point in installing software that was not written for a certain
board.
To me that's like expecting software that will only work with an Intel
cpu/board to work with an AMD.
They will never have a version that will work with that board as the -E
version of the board has replaced the first one.

Old June 13th 04, 09:06 AM
Nero

One other thing..........
NO software is that accurate anyway.
If I measure temps directly from stick on thermometers and use a volt meter
then I get as close to the real readings as anything.

Old June 13th 04, 09:52 AM
Doug Ramage

"Nero" wrote in message
One other thing..........
NO software is that accurate anyway.
If I measure temps directly from stick on thermometers and use a volt

meter
then I get as close to the real readings as anything.

Temps & volts graphs show up for my A7N8X de luxe (rev 1.04) mobo. I am
using the 1.00.00 version.

I am downloading version 1.08.5, as I type. It is meant for all nforce2 &
nforce3 based mobos.
--
Doug Ramage

Old June 13th 04, 10:13 AM
Doug Ramage

"Doug Ramage" wrote in message

"Nero" wrote in message
One other thing..........
NO software is that accurate anyway.
If I measure temps directly from stick on thermometers and use a volt

meter
then I get as close to the real readings as anything.

Temps & volts graphs show up for my A7N8X de luxe (rev 1.04) mobo. I am
using the 1.00.00 version.

I am downloading version 1.08.5, as I type. It is meant for all nforce2 &
nforce3 based mobos.
--
Doug Ramage

Humble apologies - my error.

I was thinking of the Asus probe utility.

Neither version 1.00.00 nor 1.08.5 give me any graphs.
--
Doug Ramage

Old June 13th 04, 10:21 AM
Nero

But not for that board.
Where on the site does it say that it is for use with the A7N8X (all
versions )???
Nowhere......
The only version of that board is the -E that is in the list.

Old June 13th 04, 10:23 AM
Nero

No probs.............
Probe and not the other thing.

Old June 13th 04, 10:27 AM
Paul

In article , Alex
Hunsley wrote:

I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe mainboard. I have just downloaded the nForce
System Utility software (version 1.08.5) as I want to monitor the
temperature of the chips on my system. However, once I launch the
program, the graphs of temperature etc are missing! I can see from
webpage screenshots that they should be there. The button at the bottom
right of the dialog, for detaching the graphs, does nothing. Any ideas
anyone?

thanks
alex

Does Asus Probe have that function ? Go to the Asus download page
and in the search box, enter the word "Tools", as programs like
Asus Probe are stored in the "Tools" section.

The problem with many of the Asus boards, is they use slightly
different methods for connecting the SMbus. The author of
Motherboard Monitor (mbm.livewiredev.com) for example, has
spent countless hours programming for the peculiarities of
motherboards and the way their monitor chips are connected.
A program like the Nvidia utility, is designed to work with
a design like the Nvidia reference design motherboard, and
the Nvidia software writers are not going to waste their time
doing all the things that the author of MBM5 had to do. If the
Nvidia software probes what it thinks is the SMbus, looking
for monitor chips, and it doesn't find any, then that would
be a good reason for the graphs to disappear.

HTH,
Paul
Old June 13th 04, 10:53 AM
Nero