Dual Channel DDR showing as Single on Bios

Old January 11th 04, 09:49 PM
Jonathan Bishop

Default Dual Channel DDR showing as Single on Bios

Hi all,

I just built my second pc. All is well but I have Dual DDR400 on an ASUS
A7N8X-X MB showing in the BIOS as running in single channel mode.

What do I need to do to get the Dual Channel working ?

Any ideas please....

Thanks.

Old January 11th 04, 10:01 PM
Jonathan Bishop

....I think I may have found a clue on the ASUS site.

It suggests you need two DIMMS to enable Dual channel mode....I have a
single 512.

Sound about right ??

Old January 11th 04, 11:40 PM
Peter Lykkegaard

Jonathan Bishop wrote:
...I think I may have found a clue on the ASUS site.

It suggests you need two DIMMS to enable Dual channel mode....I have a
single 512.

Sound about right ??

Yup, hence dual, quad or oct cpu...

- Peter

Old January 12th 04, 02:56 AM
Boff

"Jonathan Bishop" wrote in message
Hi all,

I just built my second pc. All is well but I have Dual DDR400 on an ASUS
A7N8X-X MB showing in the BIOS as running in single channel mode.

What do I need to do to get the Dual Channel working ?

Any ideas please....

Thanks.

Also, as far as I know, the A7N8X-X motherboard does not support
dual-channel memory even if you had two ram sticks, as the -X is the budget
version of the A7N8X family.

Boff

Old January 12th 04, 01:19 PM
MrJumbles

"Boff" wrote in message
.net...
"Jonathan Bishop" wrote in message
Hi all,

I just built my second pc. All is well but I have Dual DDR400 on an ASUS
A7N8X-X MB showing in the BIOS as running in single channel mode.

What do I need to do to get the Dual Channel working ?

Any ideas please....

Thanks.

Also, as far as I know, the A7N8X-X motherboard does not support
dual-channel memory even if you had two ram sticks, as the -X is the

budget
version of the A7N8X family.

Boff

does it make any difference in the real world.

Old January 12th 04, 02:28 PM
SteveH

"MrJumbles" wrote in message
. ..

"Boff" wrote in message
.net...
"Jonathan Bishop" wrote in message
Hi all,

I just built my second pc. All is well but I have Dual DDR400 on an

ASUS
A7N8X-X MB showing in the BIOS as running in single channel mode.

What do I need to do to get the Dual Channel working ?

Any ideas please....

Thanks.

Also, as far as I know, the A7N8X-X motherboard does not support
dual-channel memory even if you had two ram sticks, as the -X is the

budget
version of the A7N8X family.

Boff

does it make any difference in the real world.

Next to none!!

Steve