Skinny, hard to see font ATI Radeon Xpress 1250

Old May 26th 08, 05:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
W. D.

Default Skinny, hard to see font ATI Radeon Xpress 1250

I've checked just about everything else, but I
still can't seem to change the skinny fonts to
a bit more visible. My other computer shows
Microsoft San Serif 8pt fonts fine--they are
darker and much easier to read.

Has anyone come across this before?

I am a fan of AMD/ATI, but if I can't get the
default fonts to show up better, I will go
for the NVidia based motherboard on my next
box.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.
Old May 27th 08, 02:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

"W. D." wrote in message
I've checked just about everything else, but I
still can't seem to change the skinny fonts to
a bit more visible. My other computer shows
Microsoft San Serif 8pt fonts fine--they are
darker and much easier to read.

Has anyone come across this before?

Is this what you are looking for? The setting is video card-independent.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306527

I am a fan of AMD/ATI, but if I can't get the
default fonts to show up better, I will go
for the NVidia based motherboard on my next
box.

You should always evaluate offerings from both companies for each market
segment that you are buying from.

Old May 27th 08, 03:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
W. D.

First of One wrote:

"W. D." wrote in message
I've checked just about everything else, but I
still can't seem to change the skinny fonts to
a bit more visible. My other computer shows
Microsoft San Serif 8pt fonts fine--they are
darker and much easier to read.

Has anyone come across this before?

Is this what you are looking for? The setting is video card-independent.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306527

No, but thanks for trying to help. The problem
persists, and other things I've tried don't
solve it.

I am a fan of AMD/ATI, but if I can't get the
default fonts to show up better, I will go
for the NVidia based motherboard on my next
box.

You should always evaluate offerings from both companies for each market
segment that you are buying from.

I guess so.

How can you tell if the video output of the
built-in video circuitry of a motherboard
is going to be adequate BEFORE you buy it?

My rational is if I buy a motherboard and
it's no good, then don't buy another of
the same kind.