envy24HT-S sound card problems

Old August 4th 07, 04:30 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
taragem

Default envy24HT-S sound card problems

I have an envy24HT-S sound card with a couple problems I can't solve:

1- I can't install a new driver (V520B). I tried both the install SW
that came with the driver and device manager, each time I get "access
denied." I tried looking for all the related files and setting the
read-only attribute to off without success.

2- There's no sound when video is played (DVD movies, AVI, etc). I
tried both WMP and InterActual Player. However, sound files (mp3, XP
sound files) play fine.

I just installed a new mobo/CPU, but had the same problems with the
old setup. Thanks.
--
Biostar GeForce 6100-M9 939
AMD 4200+ 2.2G X2

Old August 6th 07, 11:04 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
taragem

I think I'm on the right trail diagnosing the problem, in case this
happens to anyone else. I got audio from a DVD movie using Media
Player Classic. I recently reinstalled XP and may not have the right
dvd decoders installed for WMP and InterActual Player. I d/l K-lite
codec pack and am poking around in there.

The "access denied" could be something using the sound card that's
preventing the install of the new driver. I'll keep snooping . . .8-)