Transfer JetDirect card from LaserJet 4Mplus to LaserJet 4?

Old April 16th 07, 09:51 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Transfer JetDirect card from LaserJet 4Mplus to LaserJet 4?

Hi,

I have a LaserJet 4Mplus which has done well, but always had paper
feed issues and now is starting to smudge, too. I got a similar-
vintage LaserJet 4 for a few pounds, hopefully as a better-working
replacement.

The 4Mplus has a JetDirect card in it, which works fine. If possible,
I would like to transfer this to the LaserJet 4.

Is this likely to be possible? Any likely pit-falls or advice?

Old April 16th 07, 10:06 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gilles Vollant

I believe both are MIO adapter; transfert is pretty sure possible

I suggest you also take time to update to firmware 08.49

Old April 16th 07, 11:11 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On 16 Apr, 10:06, "Gilles Vollant" wrote:
I believe both are MIO adapter; transfert is pretty sure possible

I suggest you also take time to update to firmware 08.49

Yes, the menu on the 4Mplus is called "MIO" and when something goes
wrong, it shows "MIO Error", so I guess this confirms that it is an
MIO? I'm illiterate on this terminology, by the way - what's MIO?

How does one update firmware on this? Presumably, one visits a
particular Web site and downloads something that one runs, on a
computer connected to the printer?

Old April 16th 07, 11:12 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On 16 Apr, 10:09, Tony wrote:
What is the model number of the JetDirect card?
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Will look this evening. Thanks for your post.