AGP RADEON X850 Series Shad 3.0 tech

Old December 24th 06, 08:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Steven Fischer

Default AGP RADEON X850 Series Shad 3.0 tech

Hi all , I have a x850 xt agp card. Unfortunatly , Ubisoft came out with
Rainbow 6 Vegas which my card does not support.
My question; is there an upgrade card in the agp version that will run this
game with more juice than my current card? (make it worth while) My system
plays all other games at my acceptable resoulutions.
The Agp ATI 1950pro has not come out yet which would be my first bet-any
seconds?

Thankyou in advance and
Merry Christmas!

Old December 25th 06, 01:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
mkdykstra

no upgrade for the 850 but i've seen the 1950 pros at bestbuy the last
couple of weeks, a bit pricy at $300 though. you might try an nvidia
card but i don't know what equate with an 850xt off the top of my head.

Old December 25th 06, 07:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Steven Fischer

Dammit , I may have to spend 800 cold ones on a graphics card and
motherboard(asus)
I really think that Ubi using the shad 3.0 tech on the games could be an
error. Not everyone has capabilities to splurge on a rebuild especially this
time of year.
I will have to dump the agp sys sooner or later. With hope -alot later.

Old December 25th 06, 12:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Medlin

"mkdykstra" wrote in message
no upgrade for the 850 but i've seen the 1950 pros at bestbuy the last
couple of weeks, a bit pricy at $300 though. you might try an nvidia card
but i don't know what equate with an 850xt off the top of my head.

Well, the 6800s and the X850s came out about the same time, so I would just
hazzard a guess that they are fairly close in performance.

Ed

Old December 25th 06, 03:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

The X1950 Pro is already available in some places:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=GX-137-SP

Then there's the Gainward 7900GT on AGP. It's on par or better than the
X1950 Pro. Note the price is about double of what PCIe 7900GTs go for:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=GX-032-GW

Several North American users in this newsgroup have successfully imported
from OCUK without much fuss. I don't think they charge VAT for "overseas"
sales, but shipping is in the $30 range.

P.S. What was Ubisoft thinking, making SM 3.0 as a minimum requirement? This
reminds of Delta Force 2, whose voxel engine was incompatible with 3dfx
cards... The reason every iteration of Half Life has sold so well is
partially because Valve conducts proper surveys and know what its customers
actually have: http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

Old December 27th 06, 11:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Steven Fischer

Well thanks for the imput from all , I have decided to take the plunge and
get a board and card.
I should be set for at least a month or two.......