Mouse pointer is too bright. Help Please

Old December 24th 06, 06:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
SS4

Default Mouse pointer is too bright. Help Please

Hello

I just got Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP. It does not allow me to adjust contrast
when it is connected via DVI, so I have to go to Catalyst Control Center and
adjust contrast and brightness. I got the right setting for my new monitor
but there is one little problem. The brightness and contrast of mouse
pointer stays the same no matter how much I change the setting. Now the
mouse pointer is a lot brighter than the rest of the screen. It is very
annoying to me. Anybody know how to fix this?

Thank you and Merry Christmas!!

Old December 24th 06, 10:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
oldwolf

Download some mouise pointers, look for some soft colored ones, there are
thousands to choose from.
As for settings for built in pointers I dont think you can.

Old December 24th 06, 05:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

If you are running the default white pointer, change it to something else,
like the "3D" shaded one. Apparently Windows renders them through different
code paths, such that the alternative pointers receive less hardware
acceleration.

The other thing you can try is changing the "Full Screen 3D" brightness and
contrast settings in Catalyst Control Center.

Old December 24th 06, 10:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Contumeliorus Florius

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:21:13 -0500, First of One wrote:

If you are running the default white pointer, change it to something else,
like the "3D" shaded one. Apparently Windows renders them through different
code paths, such that the alternative pointers receive less hardware
acceleration.

The other thing you can try is changing the "Full Screen 3D" brightness and
contrast settings in Catalyst Control Center.

Using anything but the default mouse pointer can cause issues in some
games.
Old December 24th 06, 10:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

That's a *possibility*, though I never had a problem in the last ten years
with the 3D shaded pointer.

Meanwhile, SS4 is *currently* having problems adjusting the brightness of
the default mouse pointer.

Old December 24th 06, 10:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
SS4

Hello,

I tried them but none of them worked. Even changing mouse pointer to all
black color. the pointer still much brighter. Nothing have effect on the
mouse pointer at all. I am not even sure what can cause this. I did not have
this problem with my old LCD monitor. Could it be the new monitor(very
unlikely I think)? or some issues between the graphic card and the monitor?

Maybe I should try changing the graphic card.

Old December 24th 06, 11:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
JLC

"Contumeliorus Florius" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:21:13 -0500, First of One wrote:

If you are running the default white pointer, change it to something
else,
like the "3D" shaded one. Apparently Windows renders them through
different
code paths, such that the alternative pointers receive less hardware
acceleration.

The other thing you can try is changing the "Full Screen 3D" brightness
and
contrast settings in Catalyst Control Center.

Using anything but the default mouse pointer can cause issues in some
games.

Really? I've never heard this before. I've been using the "3D" pointer since
Win '95 and I've never had a problem with any game I've played. JLC

Old December 25th 06, 05:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

I don't think changing graphics card will help. The mouse pointer (along
with the shadow) is actually rendered by hardware. This is considered a
"feature" that's now standard on both ATi and nVidia cards. I take it you
already tried changing the "Fullscreen 3D" brightness in Catalyst Control
Center?

Another thing to try is the brightness adjustment in ATi Tray Tools. Yes,
there are in fact two different ways to change brightness in the drivers.