Power supplies

Old November 23rd 06, 08:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Rich

Default Power supplies

Hi

My AMD 3200 64 bit system died on my last week. The motherboard AV8
3rd eye just beeped one long and one short and turned off. A google
shows that this is a memory error but all 2 Gig DDR2 400 works perfect
in another machine.

My new board and power supply came this morning. All plugged in and
motherboard did nothing. After rebuilding it numberous times I
noticed that on the power supply there was two 4 pin power supply
connector for the board. The 4 pin I was using wasn't the yellow and
black I used previously.

Could plugging in the wrong 4 pin connector (which did fit OK) damaged
the board or parts?

Currently using my old P3 933 512 meg and windows 2000. I'm very
suprised to say that this system for internet and office is actually
fine.

Thanks.

Rich