Dell LCD Touch Screen E153FPTc will not stay on, blank, black screen

Old September 14th 06, 04:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Dell LCD Touch Screen E153FPTc will not stay on, blank, black screen

My problem was that I have a Dell LCD Touch Screen model E153FPTc.
After I turn it on, the image on the screen goes black. The power to
the monitor is still on though, the power button remains illuminated
and green. I tried it without a connection and during the monitor
self-test the same thing happens. The backlight just goes out after
about 2 seconds.

------------------------------------

SOLUTION! FIXED! I'm not sure exactly what causes this problem.
However it seems that lowering the 'Brightness' and 'Contrast' fixes
things. The problem is, you can't see the menu without the backlight.
However, try this, as it worked for me:

Have monitor turned on and plugged into computer. Boot up the computer
so that a signal is being sent to the monitor. My monitor would
flicker to life everytime there was a resolution or refresh rate
change. But then the backlight goes out and the screen goes black
after only a couple seconds. The 'green' power light was still on,
just the screen was black. You can only get to the menus when a signal
is being sent from the computer to the monitor, so it needs to be on.
For my monitor the brightness needs to be at 60 or below for the
backlight to stay on. The default factory settings are too high for my
montior as they are above those numbers. Once your computer is all
booted up, you can change the monitor settings.

Notice you have four buttons on the bottom of the unit:
( [-] ) Menu
( - ) minus
( + ) plus
( 0 ) power
Hit these buttons in order to lower the 'Brightness' and 'Contrast':
Press ( - ) minus -- enters 'Brightness' and 'Contrast' menu
Press ( - ) minus -- moves hightlighted option down to 'Brightness'
Press ( [-] ) Menu -- selects 'brightness' as option to change
Press ( - ) minus several times -- each press moves the brightness
down 1/100.
Press ( [-] ) Menu -- sets the new level.
Press ( - ) minus -- moves hightlighted option down to 'contrast'
Press ( [-] ) Menu -- selects 'contrast' as option to change
Press ( - ) minus several times -- each press moves the contrast down
1/100.
Press ( [-] ) Menu -- sets the new level.
Press ( - ) minus -- moves hightlighted option down to 'Exit'
Press ( [-] ) Menu -- selects to exit the menu.
Press ( 0 ) power -- turn off monitor
Press ( 0 ) power -- turn on monitor
The monitor stayed on for me after this. I lowered the numbers much
lower than 60 at first. Then raised them slowly back up once I could
see the screen easier.

Hope this helps someone.