No Black Supply: Insert ink cartridge NOW (HP oj d145)

Old June 12th 06, 05:37 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

Default No Black Supply: Insert ink cartridge NOW (HP oj d145)

What can this error possibly be indicating?
HP OfficeJet d145
No Black Supply: Insert ink cartridge NOW to prevent damaging the product.

I've inserted and reinserted the HP black ink printer cartridge #14 c5011a
but I still all of a sudden get this error from my HP printer saying "No
Black Supply".

I've cleaned with a pencil eraser the gold plated contacts on the HP14
c5011a printer ink cartridge and I've cleaned the four springey prongs on
the HP OfficeJet d145 printer that connect to the HP printer ink cartridge
to no avail.

I've tugged and pulled and tapped and jiggled the HP 14 ink cartridge; but
still the HP OfficeJet d145 printer thinks the black printer ink is empty.

The problem is this show-stopping error wholly disables the HP OfficeJet
d145 printer. NOTHING can be pressed - not a single button - no diagnostics
can be performed - no printer head cleaning - nothing. Absolutely no
buttons work except the on/off button which has been cycled many many times
between yesterday and today.

This HP printer is so very frustrating.

Do any printer experts have a debug procedure for testing why the HP OJ
d145 thinks the HP 14 black printer ink is out when in fact it is not?
Old June 12th 06, 05:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

maryanne kehoe wrote:

[...]

Did you try a new (not refilled) cartridge?

Old June 12th 06, 07:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Have you tried unplugging your printer instead of just turning it off?
Sometimes unplugging it for a couple of minutes clears false errors or
memory problems and makes the printer recognize that there isn't an
empty cartridge in there anymore.

-------
http://www.pacificink.com/blog/index.php

Old June 12th 06, 08:29 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

i have an hp as well as a canon. i never have had to clean the contacts
on the hp cart and never have a problem in many years of infrequent
use. but i do use genuine hp ink carts.

Old June 12th 06, 08:56 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:37:23 GMT
maryanne kehoe wrote:

Do any printer experts have a debug procedure for testing why the HP
OJ d145 thinks the HP 14 black printer ink is out when in fact it is
not?

Is this an original cartridge or has or has it been refilled?
Can you access menu 7 - 1 (Status and maintenance/Check Ink Level)?
Depending on how many pages have you printed, the head might need to be
changed.

--
Stefaan A Eeckels
Old June 13th 06, 04:13 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

On 12 Jun 2006 11:02:43 -0700, "Larry B. Scott"
wrote:

Have you tried unplugging your printer instead of just turning it off?
Sometimes unplugging it for a couple of minutes clears false errors or
memory problems and makes the printer recognize that there isn't an
empty cartridge in there anymore.

This is exactly what I did - by chance- with an Epson SC800 that
would not power up. Sometimes it powers off by itself, but this time
would not power up again ...until I unplugged for a couple of
minutes.

Geo

Old June 13th 06, 05:29 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:52:50 -0500, craigm wrote:
Did you try a new (not refilled) cartridge?

No. Not yet. The HP OfficeJet d145 printer stoppage just started yesterday
when I pulled the 23 ml #14 HP c5011a black ink cartridge out to replenish.

Normally I just drip a dozen drops or so of high quality black ink onto the
bottom sponge about once a week or so to keep the sponge nice & wet . This
ensures vivid high-quality colors in my watercolor printouts.

I've done this many times since I put the original #14 c5011a HP black ink
cartridge in the HPOJ d145 on October 2, 2004.

However, this time, when I put the #14 HP c5011a black ink cartridge back
into the HP OfficeJet d145 printer, for the first time, I got the message
that there was no black ink supply.
No Black Supply: Insert ink cartridge NOW

I don't think the error is saying that the ink level is low because I
turned off the ink level indicator years ago using advice from
http://www.alotofthings.com/supportf...010A5011A.html
which says to press LEFT ARROW and RIGHT ARROW at the same time, then
release and then press, in sequential order, 7 and then 8 and then 9. When
the prompt appears asking if you want to override the black ink level
gauge, simply press 1 for Yes.

Even so, if the hp oj d145 ink level were low, the error message would be
Black ink out. Replace black ink cartridge. Press Enter to continue.

Does anyone have debugging procedures for this HP D145 error
No Black Supply: Insert ink cartridge NOW
Old June 13th 06, 05:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,sci.electronics.repair

On 12 Jun 2006 11:02:43 -0700, Larry B. Scott wrote:
Have you tried unplugging your printer instead of just turning it off?
Sometimes unplugging it for a couple of minutes clears false errors or
memory problems and makes the printer recognize that there isn't an
empty cartridge in there anymore.

Yes, I did unplug it, but not for more than about ten seconds.

I've always wondered what a 'couple of minutes' would do.

Isn't off off? Why would off for a long time be off?
Old June 13th 06, 05:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 03:13:18 GMT, GEO wrote:
This is exactly what I did - by chance- with an Epson SC800 that
would not power up. Sometimes it powers off by itself, but this time
would not power up again ...until I unplugged for a couple of
minutes.

I unplugged it for an hour but it still said the ink cartridge wasn't even
there.

I wonder if I should remove the CMOS battery and short the terminals on the
board at the left side of the printer near the front?

Do you think that would give it the final power-off signal this d145 needs?
Old June 13th 06, 05:37 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:29:11 GMT, measekite wrote:
i have an hp as well as a canon. i never have had to clean the contacts
on the hp cart and never have a problem in many years of infrequent
use. but i do use genuine hp ink carts.

All my HP #14 c5011a black cartridges are genuine HP ink cartridges for
sale at the local Staples store. I tried a few of them and all gave the
same erroneous error.
No Black Supply: Insert ink cartridge NOW

Since the problem occurs with a multitude of HP #14 c5011a black ink
cartridges (some of which are expired), do you think this error indicates a
fault in the printer and not in the ink cartridge?

Any good black compatible ink cartridge for pixma ip3000? jen Printers 41 November 1st 05 09:28 PM
S750 - Black print cartridge only. Jon West Printers 0 June 16th 04 03:07 PM
My Review: ASPIRE Turbo Case X-Dreamer Black Mid-Tower Case with350W Power Supply, Model "ATXB3KLW/350W" Cyde Weys General 3 June 1st 04 04:10 PM
PSU Fans Muttly General 16 February 13th 04 11:42 PM
Lexmark Z23 black cartridge not recognized Dick Weaver Printers 2 November 28th 03 04:02 AM