unipackage

Old November 1st 07, 05:11 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike Scott

Default unipackage

Anyone dealt with them? Sole trader, it seems; domain registered to a
residential-looking (thanks google!) address. Kosher or no?

--
Mike Scott (unet at scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England
Old November 23rd 07, 09:16 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

On Nov 1, 4:11 pm, Mike Scott
wrote:
Anyone dealt with them? Sole trader, it seems; domain registered to a
residential-looking (thanks google!) address. Kosher or no?

--
Mike Scott (unet at scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England

hi Mike, i had them (unipackage.co.uk ) come round my uni couple of
weeks ago, i did sign up for the membership and paid the fee. i have
ordered a package but i got to pay some fee for the fone upgrade
before my order is processed, which i havent done so yet as im a bit
worried now. their site claims thousands of visitors and over 1000
members and surely someone must know more about them. however if
something goes wrong, im willing to take it with the uni who gave them
permission to advertise there.

bela
surrey
Old November 24th 07, 12:06 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jeremy Boden[_2_]

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:16:07 -0800, s.belaj wrote:

On Nov 1, 4:11 pm, Mike Scott
wrote:
Anyone dealt with them? Sole trader, it seems; domain registered to a
residential-looking (thanks google!) address. Kosher or no?

--
Mike Scott (unet at scottsonline.org.uk) Harlow Essex England

hi Mike, i had them (unipackage.co.uk ) come round my uni couple of
weeks ago, i did sign up for the membership and paid the fee. i have
ordered a package but i got to pay some fee for the fone upgrade before
my order is processed, which i havent done so yet as im a bit worried
now. their site claims thousands of visitors and over 1000 members and
surely someone must know more about them. however if something goes
wrong, im willing to take it with the uni who gave them permission to
advertise there.

I wouldn't trust them.
A search on the Companies house web site reveals that they were first
incorporated on 3/10/2007.
Some more details - sorry about the broken link - see
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/f2...a7ba4110c2dc7/
compdetails

You will have to pay if you want to look at turnover etc though.

--
Jeremy Boden
"64 bits good, 32 bits bad"
Old November 24th 07, 10:34 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike Scott

wrote:
[...]

I agree. What had happened was that someone had thrust a leaflet for
them into my son's hand in London; he's currently after a laptop, liked
their prices, and had the good sense to ask around first. Phew!!! I said
something about bargepoles.

I looked for their postcode on google maps - "unit 7" (in their their
address, iirc) looks likely to be the back bedroom in a residential terrace.

Whatever else, I'd not wish to trade with a vendor that charged for
"registration" before they'd deal with me. Their T&C's are interesting
reading, too.

Old November 24th 07, 12:54 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Emil Tiades

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:34:36 GMT, Mike Scott
wrote:

I agree. What had happened was that someone had thrust a leaflet for
them into my son's hand in London; he's currently after a laptop, liked
their prices, and had the good sense to ask around first. Phew!!! I said
something about bargepoles.

I looked for their postcode on google maps - "unit 7" (in their their
address, iirc) looks likely to be the back bedroom in a residential terrace.

Whatever else, I'd not wish to trade with a vendor that charged for
"registration" before they'd deal with me. Their T&C's are interesting
reading, too.

Every year, a few weeks before Christmas, there are always a few scams
like this.

Do a Google for his address [ 77 Plashet Road, E13 0RA ], he is a man
of many names and many companies (several are dissolved) as well as
many phone numbers and many "units" at the same address!

An example of one of his many companies:
Company Name:
CONTACT CLAIMS LIMITED

Company No: 05792984
Registered Office:
Incorporated: 24/04/2006
UNIT F,
77 PLASHET ROAD
UPTON PARK
LONDON
E13 0RA

Company Type: Private Limited
Legal Status: Striking off Notice
Report Status: Full Data
ccounts Type: Unknown
Latest Accounts to: ?
Latest Return to: ?
Old November 26th 07, 01:15 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Cornelius J Rat[_2_]

An example of one of his many companies:
Company Name:
CONTACT CLAIMS LIMITED

I prefer this one:
http://www.netlondon.com/Services/Dr...s.2438915.html
That's Genius Technologies, usually listed as Software Developers but in
this case as dry cleaners.
As in "take you to the cleaners"?

Old January 10th 08, 07:52 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Tracey a gaunt

Its a total con i have contacted the police today they took the payment and
nothing all emails bounce as user unknown

url:http://www.myreader.co.uk/msg/10322592.aspx
Old January 11th 08, 01:10 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jeremy Boden[_2_]

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 02:52:16 +0800, Tracey a gaunt wrote:

Its a total con i have contacted the police today they took the payment
and nothing all emails bounce as user unknown

url:http://www.myreader.co.uk/msg/10322592.aspx

I hope you paid with a credit card - if so the credit card company must
legally pay you for your loss (if over £50).

--
Jeremy Boden
"64 bits good, 32 bits bad"
Old January 11th 08, 06:03 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Tracey a gaunt

i paid with my switch card which i have asked the bank for fraud
reimbursment too they reissued the card today as this company were trying to
get different transactions to go thru on my card

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/10322592.aspx
Old January 18th 08, 09:57 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Carolynne Hanson

I too have been conned by this company, I paid the =C2=A329.99 which appeared to be a de=
livery charge. The advert appeared in the Winter edition of the Open University maga=
zine, they have now put a warning up on their Website and informed students that the ma=
tter is being looked into by Trading Standards. Fingers crossed something happens s=
oon.

url:http://www.myreader.co.uk/msg/10322592.aspx