Connecting One SATA Drive?

Old June 1st 04, 08:34 AM
Iain Mackenzie

Default Connecting One SATA Drive?

It may seem like a really stupid question, but is it possible to connect
only one ATA100 drive to my Abit NF7S mobo? I want to do this because my IDE
connections are becoming busy with 2 DVD drives etc. and I wanted to take my
120Gb Deskstar onto the SATA connectors. I have the adaptor cable.
I'm also using a Promise Fastrack100 with 2 Deskstar 80Gb in a Raid 0
configuration as my main system drive. Is that arrangement faster than
putting them onto the onboard SATA RAID of the NF7S?
Thanks
Iain

Old June 1st 04, 06:41 PM
Folkert Rienstra

"Iain Mackenzie" wrote in message news:fcXuc.33$bF2.6@newsfe1-win...
It may seem like a really stupid question,

Nope, there is not even a doubt about it.
Ever thought of proofreading your messages before sending?

Old June 1st 04, 07:11 PM
Iain Mackenzie

It may seem like a really stupid question,

Nope, there is not even a doubt about it.
Ever thought of proofreading your messages before sending?

Ever thought of being more helpful? What are you talking about???

Put simply, is it possible to connect just one SATA drive in a Abit NF7S
mobo, or is it necessary to have 2 connected in a RAID configuration?

Apologies in advance if I have upset anyone by asking this basic question!

Iain