Local Parallel printer not printing in terminal services when machine is not a member of the Domain

Old April 8th 05, 05:54 PM

Default Local Parallel printer not printing in terminal services when machine is not a member of the Domain

I've got a nagging problem where I have a barcode printer connected via
parallel to my machine and it won't print in terminal services. When
the machine is a member of the domain, I can log onto terminal services
and print in my application just fine. When the machine is disjoined
from the domain, or when I log on to workstation only, It will not
print. I suspected permissions of some sort, but it doesn't seem to
matter what level of permissions are given to the local user or remote
user. I can log on to the workstation as administrator and it won't
print. I can log on to the domain as a user, (no admin rights), and
print in remote just fine.

In either case, I am able to see the printer in remote, but not print a
test page, even when logged in to the domain before going into terminal
services, I still cannot print a test page, but can print within my
application.

I need to disjoin this machine from the domain to use in a remote
location, and it is very important this be able to print remotely.

Any suggestions?

Thanks-
Brian