Help buy wide format plotter?

Old August 29th 03, 04:04 PM

Default Help buy wide format plotter?

We currently have a VERY old HP Draftmaster SX pen
plotter... yes a pen plotter.

I "think" Ive got management convinced into getting a
bubble jet plotter. A big format plotter.

I know NOTHING abt current wide format potter
technology or models.

Since we are on a tight budget.... what price range can
we get a big format plotter in? Can we get one in the
$1000 range?

And what is the maximum size we should get? We
definetly need something bigger than 11x17 which is as
big as we can print now.

Any advice or opinions?
Old August 30th 03, 02:38 AM
The village idiot

wrote in :

We currently have a VERY old HP Draftmaster SX pen
plotter... yes a pen plotter.

I "think" Ive got management convinced into getting a
bubble jet plotter. A big format plotter.

I know NOTHING abt current wide format potter
technology or models.

Since we are on a tight budget.... what price range can
we get a big format plotter in? Can we get one in the
$1000 range?

And what is the maximum size we should get? We
definetly need something bigger than 11x17 which is as
big as we can print now.

Any advice or opinions?

HP is going to be the place to look. I'm not sure you will be able to get a
new unit for $1000. You might find a used printer though. With the HP you
replace the actual printhead with each cartridge, so you wouldn't have to
worry about the heads being damaged. If the prices get up around $3000, you
can buy a brand new Epson 7600, which prints up to 24 inches wide. I think
there are some HP models that are in the $3000 range that will print wider
than 24 inches. the most common sizes are 24, 36, 44, 60 inch printers. To
get a 60 inch, you will have to look at Encad, by Kodak. Very expensive, but
you might find a used one for around $2500. You could also look for used
Epson 9000, 9500. Or the smaller Epson 7000, 7500.

I would suggest you look at HP first for anything like this. I think they
will have the least expensive unit that you can buy new. Alos look at Epson,
and Canon has a new wide format printer too.

windows XP format hdd Christo General 2 November 19th 04 07:48 PM
Please Help me choose momory for AMD64 Synapse Syndrome Asus Motherboards 11 August 26th 04 02:43 PM
Packard Bell Legend 105CD - Restore CD Format Number? SonicClub Packard Bell Computers 30 June 13th 04 10:37 PM
Hard Drive Format Number and used HDs Spooky Packard Bell Computers 6 February 17th 04 11:35 AM
Large format printers on wide range of meterials Steve Printers 2 August 9th 03 04:09 AM