What's your favourite backup method in Windows?

Old August 12th 07, 03:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Yes Baby

Default What's your favourite backup method in Windows?

"Cordelia" wrote in message
I have my OS just the way I want it right now, including all apps that I
want installed, and settings. I would like to be able to restore the
system to this point without having to do it from scratch, Unfortunately
I know very little about what technology is available for backup. My
only experience is taking images in Norton but I almost forgot all about
how that works too.
I prefer old time tested approaches over new "user friendly" ones by
Microsoft.

If anybody has any tips I would be very grateful - no need for an
in-depth explanation: Just enough for me to understand what you mean so
I can imvestigate myself. If you are an experienced techie who count on
your setup failing once a year or so - how do you cover yourself?

One of the reasons for my question is so that I may dare to try out
Vista.. I want to be able to roll back if I don't like it and if the
apps I like don't work in Vista. Also, other than Firewall I don't use
much security - just online scans on a regular basis. Although I never
had a virus, I imagine that my 'luck' will run out at some point. But I
just hate antivirus software too much to be prepared to run it regularly.

Cordelia

Acronis Trueimage

Old August 12th 07, 03:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
MJP

[...]

Seconded

Trueimage but do carry out a verification of the image.

MJP

Old August 12th 07, 06:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
meerkat[_2_]

"Cordelia" wrote in message
[...]

And for the 3rd, and final....
Acronis Trueimage .

http://eu.acronis.com/

bw..

Old August 12th 07, 07:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
meerkat[_2_]

meerkat wrote:
"Cordelia" wrote in message
And for the 3rd, and final....
Acronis Trueimage .

http://eu.acronis.com/

"Cordelia" wrote in message
No question about it - Acronis it is.
I know that people on this group always know what they are talking about.
I hadn't actually heard about it (how odd since it's obviously very good).
But as far as I am concerned I'll just find out how to use it and get on
with setting it up.
Thanks all!

One bit of advice C.
Create the recovery CD, as soon as you`ve installed the program,
and Always `verify` the image to make sure it`s good.

bw..