Audio device missing after Vista to XP install

Old April 6th 07, 04:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Passman

Default Audio device missing after Vista to XP install

Hello, I have a Dell XPS 410 that came with Vista installed. I uninstalled
Vista and installed Windows XP Home Addition. After the install of XP the
onboard audio device isn't listed. I've installed "R130391.EXE" from Dells
website but still nothing. Any ideas how I can get my sound back?

Thanks

Old April 6th 07, 04:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Passman" wrote in message
Hello, I have a Dell XPS 410 that came with Vista installed. I
uninstalled Vista and installed Windows XP Home Addition. After the
install of XP the onboard audio device isn't listed. I've installed
"R130391.EXE" from Dells website but still nothing. Any ideas how I can
get my sound back?

Thanks

Does your 410 have integrated audio? If so, you want:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R124105.EXE

I can't even figure out what R130391 is.

Tom

Old April 6th 07, 04:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:01:11 -0400, "Passman"
wrote:

Hello, I have a Dell XPS 410 that came with Vista installed. I uninstalled
Vista and installed Windows XP Home Addition. After the install of XP the
onboard audio device isn't listed. I've installed "R130391.EXE" from Dells
website but still nothing. Any ideas how I can get my sound back?

Thanks

First question -- what kind of audio is installed on your PC? And
what is the "R130391.EXE" for?

I see a lot of audio drivers out there, but I can't find any that have
the executable you mentioned.

(for my XPS 410 I bought an external Soundblaster USB and it works
great)
Old April 6th 07, 04:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Passman

The R124105.exe file worked! Thank YOU!

The R130391 is Intel Chipset software. I guess I thought that might work.

You helped me out with my audio problem and I hate to ask but do you have an
idea how to get my Ethernet controller to work?

Thanks again

Old April 6th 07, 04:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R130101.EXE

They're all listed on the page at support.dell.com for the XPS410/Dimension
9200

Old April 6th 07, 04:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:19:32 -0400, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

"Passman" wrote in message
m...
Hello, I have a Dell XPS 410 that came with Vista installed. I
uninstalled Vista and installed Windows XP Home Addition. After the
install of XP the onboard audio device isn't listed. I've installed
"R130391.EXE" from Dells website but still nothing. Any ideas how I can
get my sound back?

Thanks

Does your 410 have integrated audio? If so, you want:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R124105.EXE

I can't even figure out what R130391 is.

Tom

Yes -- that's the driver for my 410 w integrated audio. Here's a
description in addition to Tom's link (not sure why they say it's
optional):

Release Title: Audio: SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio, Driver,
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows XP x64, Multi Language, Multi
System, v.5.10.0.4991, A07
Release Date: 7/25/2006
Criticality: Optional
Old April 6th 07, 04:51 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Passman

Thank you EVERYONE for your help in this matter.
I'm back up and running again.

Have a great day everyone!

Old April 6th 07, 05:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:51:36 -0400, "Passman"
wrote:

Thank you EVERYONE for your help in this matter.
I'm back up and running again.

Have a great day everyone!

Final question -- do you know where the suggested drivers come from?
You can access them from your account (the link is My Account) from
Dell's site. This is a good time to familiarize yourself with it so
that you can find drivers (and updates to drivers) in the future,
including bios updates.