Dell Vista Reinstallation DVD

Old April 6th 07, 10:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Dean-MN

Default Dell Vista Reinstallation DVD

I just took delivery on a refurbished Dimension E521 and as expected there
was no reinstallation DVD for Vista Home Premium although it's listed on
both the order and the invoice. It's usually an easy task to call Dell
support and have one sent out but this time it took two calls and I was told
that Dell is making revisions to the reinstallation DVD and one would follow
some time in the future. Strange.

This is the second desktop I have ordered from Dell Outlet. The first was a
Dimension C521 that blue screened right out of the box. After that the
thing wouldn't run for more than 20 minutes without crashing. The video
card (Radeon X1300Pro) was pulled and the box ran flawlessly. Rather than
fool around with replacing parts, it went back to Dell on the 21-day return.

The C521 had Vista Business 32BIT installed. Could there be bug in Dell's
Vista reinstallation DVDs
Dean

Old April 6th 07, 10:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Dean-MN" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I supposed, although the ones I've been sent work flawlessly.