Widescreen monitor rotation

Old August 24th 06, 11:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Widescreen monitor rotation

hey, i just got the dell 24" widescreen lcd monitor. I'm running it on

a AIW 9800 pro in windows xp pro. the dell cd that came with it didnt
help me, nor did dells tech support (i officially despise dell service)

Anyways, all im looking to do is use my monitor in portrait mode, so
that the operating system orientation will be in portrait mode. I have

the latest catalyst drivers for my radeon, but i still cant figure out
how to get this to work. ive become pretty frustrated, so any help
would be much appreciated.
thanks

Old August 25th 06, 12:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Noozer

wrote in message
oups.com...
hey, i just got the dell 24" widescreen lcd monitor. I'm running it on

a AIW 9800 pro in windows xp pro. the dell cd that came with it didnt
help me, nor did dells tech support (i officially despise dell service)

Anyways, all im looking to do is use my monitor in portrait mode, so
that the operating system orientation will be in portrait mode. I have

the latest catalyst drivers for my radeon, but i still cant figure out
how to get this to work. ive become pretty frustrated, so any help
would be much appreciated.
thanks

The ATI drivers should allow you to rotate the display. The DELL monitor
provides no feedback to the PC to tell it that the position has changed.

I'm running nVidia hardware, so I can't say where in the drivers it is, but
that's where you'll find the settings you need. If they aren't there then
you need a new video card or new drivers.

After shelling out so much for a 24" monitor (I love mine), you should be
able to splurge and spend another $50-$150 for a new video card.

Old August 25th 06, 01:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Is Catalyst Control Center an actual program that one can open and
change setting in? Anyways, I'm not quite sure where you are referring
to, so I couldn't pull that off. When i right-click the desktop --
settings -- advanced, i dont see anything dealing with rotation.

Rod Speed wrote:

Set the View to Advanced. In the Displays Manager,
right at the bottom, there is a Rotation option box.

Old August 25th 06, 01:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

i agree that is must depend on the graphics card, but i just cant seem
to work around the catalyst driver and control center. i installed the
latest edition, but it is impossible to enter catalyst control center
for me. if i try to open it, i get an hourglass for like 5 seconds,
then nothing. if there is any program to do this for me, since
catalyst is giving me such trouble, thatd be cool too.

Sjouke Burry wrote:
With my gforce 4 in the advanced screen, click at
the "gforce....." button and you get the portrait
option.
So I think it depends on your graphics card.